Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Merged "You do not have permissions to start new topic!" - (locked categories)

More
10 years 5 months ago #1 by lesfenton
I just recently installed a full stable 3.1.5 package of Joomla on my hosting site. I have started everything from scratch and have installed Kunena to the site, but I have noticed that if users select New Topic, they get the following error message:

Notice

You do not have permissions to start a new topic!

This is my own account. I am signed in, user my Registered User account. This is also true of my Super User account.

Any help on where the problem might lie. Here is my Configuration Report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 200M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : siteground-j16-10 | author: SiteGround | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: Unknown

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle | author: Kunena Team | version: 3.0.3 | creationdate: 2013-10-20

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 3.0.3 | 2013-10-20 [ Bifrost ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Any help in getting this critical part of my site working will be greatly appreciated.

Les Fenton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
Normal users (without forum moderator privileges) cannot use the "New Topic" feature in locked categories. See information in the Wiki about "locked" categories in Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 2) - advanced setup for special groups . Only site administrators and forum moderators can create new topics or reply to topics in locked categories.

Does this help?
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 5 months ago #3 by lesfenton
I guess it helps. I probably should remove that tab from public view. How would that be accomplished? I don't see anything in the tools that allows me to change setting for the tabs that came from the original installation.

On another topic, how does a registered user create a post? I don't see where that ability is available.

Thanks for the help.

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #4 by lesfenton
I feel really stupid. The forums were all locked. They are now all unlocked and I see where they can select to create a topic. :ohmy:
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by lesfenton.

More
10 years 4 months ago #5 by asanka914
When I try to add a new topic I get a message like this "Notice

You do not have permissions to start a new topic!" How to solve this. I gave permissions fro guests to write anything

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #6 by xillibit
Hello,

This has been already answered here

*** Topics merged ***

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Merge topics

Time to create page: 0.485 seconds