Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question Fatal error - clean new installation - MySQLi database

• RedHeron
  • RedHeron's Avatar Topic Author
  • Everyone secretly wants to be a Jedi.
More
9 years 8 months ago #1 by RedHeron
I'm not sure how to trace down this "fatal error" that I suddenly got going.
  • I have 2 web sites running on the same server. On one of them, the install went very easily. On the other, I'm having issues.
  • Using the "install from web" feature from Joomla, the install fails, saying: "Sorry, installation failed on fatal error."
  • Under "installation details" it says only: "Prepare installation... OK"
  • The tail on the Apache error log says:

[Tue Jul 08 06:44:28 2014] [error] [client 174.27.206.129] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant KPATH_ADMIN - assumed 'KPATH_ADMIN' in /var/www/mysite/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 12, referer: mysite.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena
[Tue Jul 08 06:44:28 2014] [error] [client 174.27.206.129] PHP Notice: Use of undefined constant KPATH_ADMIN - assumed 'KPATH_ADMIN' in /var/www/mysite/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 13, referer: mysite.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena
[Tue Jul 08 06:44:28 2014] [error] [client 174.27.206.129] PHP Warning: DOMDocument::load(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/var/www/mysite/administrator/KPATH_ADMIN/install/install.xml" in /var/www/mysite/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 206, referer: mysite.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena
[Tue Jul 08 06:44:28 2014] [error] [client 174.27.206.129] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/mysite/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 281, referer: mysite.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena
[Tue Jul 08 06:44:28 2014] [error] [client 174.27.206.129] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/mysite/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/schema.php on line 296, referer: mysite.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena
[Tue Jul 08 06:44:28 2014] [error] [client 174.27.206.129] PHP Fatal error: Class 'KunenaRoute' not found in /var/www/mysite/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/sql/install/php/sampledata.php on line 147, referer: mysite.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_kunena

• I checked permissions, all of the files are owned by the web process.
  • I checked the .htaccess file, which is the original issued by Joomla without alterations in their htaccess.txt.
  • In php.ini the settings clearly exceed the minimum technical requirements listed in the documentation.
  • In the Apache site file, all settings between the two sites are identical.
  • The server is a fresh install, as of this week, and the Joomla install is fresh as of 10 minutes before installing Kunena.
  • I am installing from the superuser account on Joomla!

If there is any further information desired (config options, etc.), please let me know.

Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RedHeron
More
9 years 8 months ago #2 by RedHeron
Also: it looks like the SQL is not being executed, and I'm not sure why.

The install uses MySQLi and the permissions there are everything but 'grant'.

More
9 years 8 months ago #3 by xillibit
Hello,

Is-it a clean install or an upgrade from a previous version ? If yes from which one ?

You have missing files or the plugin kunena system isn't enabled or installed.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

• RedHeron
More
9 years 8 months ago #4 by RedHeron
As I wrote in the first post:

It's a clean install.

More
9 years 8 months ago #5 by xillibit
Try to unzip kunena package that you have downloaded and install in first kunena plugin sytem, check after that is right enabled.
Then install lib_kunena package, then kunena_media package and you can install the two remaining package.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
9 years 8 months ago #6 by Mortti

Try to unzip kunena package that you have downloaded and install in first kunena plugin sytem, check after that is right enabled.

You can check this first: screencast.com/t/Jcth0a8t

More
9 years 8 months ago #7 by sozzled
I have never tried to install Kunena on a MySQLi database. You may find the following information is also useful: Technical Requirements - MySQL requirements

More
9 years 8 months ago #8 by 810
can you create a superadmin account for me. then i will check the issue.

Rgeards 810

More
9 years 8 months ago #9 by Matias
Check if you have Kunena - System plugin enabled and try to disable it. It will be automatically enabled again after the installation. If that doesn't work, try to enable the plugin and try again.

• RedHeron
More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #10 by RedHeron
Okay: RESOLVED.

There were multiple issues:
  • There was originally a misconfiguration in the php.ini file, the upload size was not high enough (1M) to accommodate the upload.
  • There was a residual file left over after the first failure, and an automated security script on my server changed the permissions on that whole directory when I logged out. (I had previously assumed the permissions were correct, since I hadn't changed them myself and didn't know about the security script running in the background.)
  • The Kunena package was corrupted by a change in permissions mid-operation, but still passed a basic CRC check, though it failed the MD5 hash check. Again, the security script appears to have been at fault.
  • The Joomla! platform did not remove the failed package.

The fault was not with Kunena, though it failed with Kunena for obvious reasons, as stated above.

STEPS TAKEN TO RESOLVE:
  1. Manually cleared the cache in Joomla! CMS.
  2. Manually located and removed the corrupted file and all traces of Kunena.
  3. Double-checked the settings to ensure compliance with both Joomla and Kunena.
  4. Uploaded Kunena.
  5. SUCCESS!
  6. Configured Kunena.

Thanks, all, for the feedback. Though none of it directly resolved the issue, it sparked enough thought that I began thinking in different ways about it.

EDIT: Also, remembering to double-check and triple-check things meant that I was repeating a lot of work, but continuing to find issues. Ultimately, the issues seemed related to my server's configuration, more than anything else.

Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by RedHeron. Reason: Additional info added.

Time to create page: 0.400 seconds