Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 2.0, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Ability for Admin to Subscribe a user to a Post/Topic/Category/Forum

More
10 years 11 months ago #1 by rafeema
I'm using Kunena Forums 2.0 and it's working fine, however I've a requirement where the SuperAdmin has the ability to subscribe a user to a particular post/topic/category or entire Forum.

I did check each of the System Settings but i see no such thing.

Is there any possible way to achieve this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #2 by Matias
There's no such feature, but there is commented out example code in System - Kunena Forum plug-in that does just that (when the user registers to the forum).
The following user(s) said Thank You: rafeema

More
10 years 11 months ago #3 by rafeema
Forgive my ignorance, but I'm unable to find the commented code that you mentioned. Can you guide me to it. Thanks

More
10 years 11 months ago #4 by Matias
It's in here:

github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/blob/2.0/ad...nena/kunena.php#L209

The file gets copied to /plugins/system/kunena during installation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rafeema

More
10 years 11 months ago #5 by rafeema
Thank you, I got the code. I believe this is for new registered user, that it will be executed once a users is registered and that too it will be subscribed to declared categories. I'm looking for something that can be under the Plugin -> Kunena Forum -> User Manger -> Category Subscription Tab where a drop-list with all the categories name and on selecting that the user should be assigned to these categories and same should go with the Topic Selection Tab

I know i'm asking a lot, but any pointers with what code to add and where to add/location will be really helpful.

More
10 years 11 months ago #6 by Matias
Yes. As I said the code is meant for new users during registration, but it gives a hint on how to subscribe people to the categories.

I know what you're looking for, but feature in the backend means that someone needs to write and contribute it to the project. I'm myself currently too busy to implement it as we have more important changes for the next version (new template).

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds