Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 2.0, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Solved Kunena Gravatar Plugin and SSL

More
10 years 11 months ago #1 by sohopros
We just upgraded our own website this past week and decided to enable the kunena gravatar integration plugin. Kunena forum is the main environment used by us to be in contact with our customers and for that reason ssl is enabled in our forum.

We noticed that the gravatar plugin does not implements https in the line 44 of file /plugins/kunena/gravatar/gravatar/gravatar.php what was giving us warnings in some browsers.
The file was edited by us in order to fix the issue.

However, a hack, even the smallest one, is always something to be remembered in future updates. We are wondering is a new param can be added to this plugin were https could be enabled or disabled. Or better yet, auto detect https and implement secure url accordingly. I am willing to do this modification myself if instructions on how to add the modification to kunena's repository are provided.

Link to our forum => sohoprospecting.com/forum

Thanks,
SOHO Prospecting Team

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Kunena Gravatar Plugin and SSL
Please fork a branch and create a fix.
Then pull.

github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0

More
10 years 11 months ago #3 by Matias
Any news on this? It would be nice if you could provide the fix for this issue. :)

More
10 years 11 months ago #4 by sohopros
Hi Matias!

I applied the same modification that is currently running on our website to the gravatar class (attached file), however I have to permission to make a push on Kunena repository.

If you could apply the modification for me or give me permission I would appreciate.

Modified File
/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/plugins/plg_kunena_gravatar/class.php

Thanks,
SOHO Prospecting Team
Attachments:

More
10 years 11 months ago #5 by Matias
Added issue into here:
github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/issues/1715

I can do it, too, but I'd love to see more names in GitHub contributors list. I'll wait for few days and do it myself if you're not done it by then.

More
10 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
The following user(s) said Thank You: sohopros

Time to create page: 0.539 seconds