Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question "Enter Key" behavior in password field

More
11 years 1 week ago #1 by achartier
We use CB for our login/logoff and have a login/logoff button on our main menu. In order to not confuse our members we have hidden the Kunena login as per instructions elsewhere on this forum. All works well under normal circumstances.

When a new post is made an email is sent to subscribers of the topic/category. We do not include the text of the post, only the link to it in the email. When the member clicks on the link their browser of choice opens and assuming they are not currently logged into the site are presented with the Kunena login. So far so good.

Once the user enters their User ID and Password they hit Enter (remember the login button is hidden). In FF the action of the Enter key is that the form is posted. In IE9 and Chrome 26 the Enter key initiates no action and the user is unable to log in. Unfortunately un-hiding the login button unhides it and the logoff button in all views of Kunena and this is not what we want.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue? It is frustrating our members considerably.

Thanks. Kunena Configuration Report follows:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : tk_responsi_free | author: ThemeKat | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: July 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 week ago - 11 years 1 week ago #2 by achartier
Quick update. I changed the .kbutton css from display:none to visibility:hidden. This has allowed Chrome and Safari to work correctly and the Enter key now posts the form.

IE9 still does not work though.
Last edit: 11 years 1 week ago by achartier.

More
11 years 6 days ago #3 by sozzled

More
11 years 6 days ago #4 by achartier
Tried this before. Enabled CB login in the CB Plugin, and disabled Joomla Login in the Joomla plugin.

When the link brings us to the Kunena page we are presented with usual login, but after entering our login details we then get another login page, this one com_users. I tried disabling the Kunena-Joomla plugin altogether with no change.

More
11 years 6 days ago - 11 years 6 days ago #5 by sozzled
Look at your configuration report. On e configuration report where you read "Kunena Integration Settings: Warning: Spoiler! [Click to expand]", I would like you to do that. Then you will see exactly what integration options you have enabled.

In this context, please re-read my earlier suggestions to you.

If this does not work, I suggest that we bring the developers of the Community Builder login module into this.
Last edit: 11 years 6 days ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 6 days ago #6 by achartier
I see what integration options I have enabled. I changed them per your recommendation and experienced the second login page as detailed in my previous post.

I am not sure how this could be a CB problem when changing the display/visibility CSS attributes corrected the problem for 2 of the 3 browsers having trouble. It would seem to me to be a form related issue rather than a CB issue, but you guys are the experts on this not me.

How do we go about involving the CB people?

More
11 years 6 days ago #7 by sozzled

achartier wrote: I am not sure how this could be a CB problem ...

The reason why I think this could be CB issue is because of what you wrote in msg #1:

achartier wrote: We use CB for our login/logoff and have a login/logoff button on our main menu.

achartier wrote: How do we go about involving the CB people?

Go to the forum at Joomlapolis as ask the same questions to them that you asked here and, perhaps, someone there may have a solution for you.

Can we see your updated configuration report with the changes that I recommended to you, please?

More
11 years 6 days ago #8 by achartier
Here is the report:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : tk_responsi_free | author: ThemeKat | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: July 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.9

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
11 years 6 days ago #9 by achartier
For another test I completely disabled the CB login module. I still experience the Enter Key failure in IE yet it works just fine in FF, Chrome and Safari.

More
11 years 6 days ago #10 by sozzled
Thank you for the updated configuration report. Your updated report confirms (to me) that you have enabled the integration plugin settings as I expected. It is unfortunate that, because most of us do not use the Community Builder or the CB Login module on our sites, we do not have experience with this particular behaviour and, for that reason, that is what I suggest that you follow-up the matter with the developers of Community Builder for their expert assistance.

Perhaps another member of this community, who has experience integrating Community Builder with Kunena and who has encountered similar issues to you, may be able to offer you some insight here.

Another suggestion is to the possibility of a conflict between the Kunena - Community Builder plugin and the Kunena - Joomla plugin by setting, in the Kunena - Community Builder plugin, Access = Disabled. You might also like to set, in the Kunena - Kunena plugin, Avatar = Disabled and Profile = Disabled.

I have not seen this "Enter Key" behaviour issue. Can you show us a picture, please, how it appears on your screen?

Time to create page: 0.524 seconds