Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question CAPTCHA and moderator settings for new post - Facebook logged-in users.

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #1 by Philip Bainbridge
Hey everyone hope all are well.

Ok so basicly im running

Joomla 2.5.8
Jomsocial 2.6.2 + tigra
kunena 2.0.4 + tigra

When logged in as a facebook users the setting set in the admin area for kunena user permissions has no affect on this user group but works correctly for normal logged in users that are not using facebook connect method.

IS this correct or is this an issue?

I wanted it so all users, facebook connect or normal login have the exact same permission. auto publish and no coptcha.

But when setting the settings in kunena admin area and in kunena categorys to not show coptcha and not moderate any topic, It still does for facebook logged in users :S

Any one have any advice??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #2 by Philip Bainbridge
Does anyone else have this issue?? Im trying to work out if the problem is within kunena or within the jomsocial facebook connect

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #3 by Philip Bainbridge
Or is there any way to atleast disable the topic moderation altogether?? As it not needed for what i need :)

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #4 by sozzled
I don't understand what you mean by "disable the topic moderation altogether". If you cannot moderate your forum (edit, delete or move topics from one category into another category) then you cannot control what happens on your forum.

I have no knowledge of the "Facebook login" extension for Joomla. Perhaps this is something you need to discuss with the people who developed that extension?

Perhaps this is a Joomla issue? There were a number of security changes made with J! 2.5.9 that will help you.

When people post "so basically I am running ..." and only give the bare details, there's not a lot we can do to advise about specific problems that people have. In cases like these, we can only point you to the Frequently Asked Questions or suggest that people search the forum for what else people have written about various issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip Bainbridge

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #5 by Philip Bainbridge
HI Sorry

Basically im running 2.5.8 latest and jomsocial 2.6.2 along with kunena 2.0.4
But being used as very basic, It has 2 categories only both openly viewable only one has post access the other is for closed topics.

So when i set the new topic moderation as off/disabled its still making all users that logged in via jomsocial FB connect have all there topics created to be moderated by a moderator?

I really am confused and think maybe its a problem in the jomsocial side but as this is the only issue i have maybe i could make it easier just to comment this option out from kunena?
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by Philip Bainbridge.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #6 by sozzled
For what it is worth, I would take up this matter with JomSoclal or the people who wrote the FB login module.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #7 by Philip Bainbridge
I have tried and they insist i update to a newer version but i am not wanting to do that.. I have no other issue with the permissions anywhere else on the site other than in kunena..

Is there no option to turn off or remove new topic moderation all together?

Many Thanks :)

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #8 by sozzled
Twice, in this topic, you have written "basically, I am running ... ". I commented on this, the first time, and I wrote in reply that it makes it very difficult for us to provide detailed assistance when we only have this very basic information. Perhaps I should have written plainer: can we see your Kunena configuration report, please?

If we see your Kunena configuration report we can then see all the settings you have used, including the settings that control how you have setup new user moderation.

The advice you have been given is to upgrade to a newer version of something and you do not "want" to do that, for some personal reason, even though this is probably very good advice and will fix the problems you are currently having. That's entirely your choice, of course, and I have no other comment in relation to that. As I have written before, I do not know how to address the problems you are having with JomSocial or the FB Connect login feature.

You have asked if it's possible to disable "new topic moderation". I am not familiar with the term "new topic moderation" (just as I did not understand what you meant when you wrote "disable the topic moderation altogether"). I will take a wild guess and say yes, it's possible to disable "new topic moderation" but, until I have seen a lot more than just "basically I'm running K 2.0.4, Jomsocial 2.6.2 and Joomla 2.5.8", I can't say for sure.

Did you take my advice and upgrade to J! 2.5.9 as I recommended earlier? Or is this, too, something you do not want to do even if it may fix the problem? :dry:
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.504 seconds