Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved issues with Kunena Jomsocial Groups Plugin 2.0.1

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #1 by SuperSean
Joomla 2.6.4
Kunena 2.0.1
Jomsocial 2.4.2 & 2.6.2

Groups Forums create fine, however there are a few issues;
As mentioned earlier in other posts, Group descriptions are shown in HTML in Kunena. It was mentioned in an earlier thread that group administrators would be able to edit their forums from within Kunena 2.0 themselves. I do not see this ability? Has it been implemented or am i missing it somewhere?

A more important issue however, is that group administrators also show as forum administrators in Kunena. Within their group forum, they even have an admin tag, this is confusing to my members as they assume these tags are for site admins only. Most importantly, they also have the ability to see IP addresses when in their own forums. This

Lastly, users banned from a jomocial group have access to the groups forum. I have noticed that the reason for this, is because they are technically still group members, however they have a permissions level of -1, stopping them from seeing any group activities or from rejoining the group as they are already technically in it.

At this time, I have come up with a workaround, of creating an hourly cron to remove anyone with privileges of -1 from the #_community_groups_members table, however if the group is not set as private, they do still have the ability to rejoin, so this is not a viable long term option.

My members and I are thrilled to have the abilities to create and moderate their own forums, however these security issues are important to us and allowing the ability to see other members IP addressed is a breach of our (and most) privacy policies, so I will need to find a solution soon, or be forced to discontinue the use of this plugin.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by SuperSean.
The topic has been locked.
More
11 years 8 months ago #2 by SuperSean
Something I just realized I should have pointed out...
I do have Forum Configuration > Frontend > Look and Feel > Hide IP Addresses From Moderators = Yes
More
11 years 7 months ago #3 by SuperSean
was not able to find a solution and had to disable the plugin.
The issue however does not seem to be with this plugin alone... but with he permissions of teh Kunena/Jomsocial integration.
Whenever a forum section of category is set to a jomsocial group, the group admin is made into a forum admin.. allowing IP address access and admin functions within the forum.
More
11 years 4 months ago - 11 years 4 months ago #4 by SuperSean
UPDATE
issue i was having is still present in v2.0.2 but here is a hack for anyone who needs it:

Find /plugins/kunena/community/community/access.php and change the following line
Code:
$query = "SELECT g.memberid AS user_id, c.id AS category_id, ".KunenaForum::ADMINISTRATOR." AS role
to
Code:
$query = "SELECT g.memberid AS user_id, c.id AS category_id, ".KunenaForum::MODERATOR." AS role
Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by SuperSean.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Smokey4life
More
11 years 4 months ago #5 by xillibit
Thanks for pointing these issues, i will try to take a look to this

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
More
11 years 2 months ago #6 by Dr. Pariolo
hello,
simple question regarding this matter: where can i find this plugin? it doesnt show on this list
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/owner/kunena

theres only Kunena JomSocial Plugin: MyKunena but that doesnt integrate groups, does it?

been looking for a plugin like this, i also found this extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...ial-extensions/17131

but it appears to be outdated and support doesnt answer.

thank you.
More
11 years 2 months ago #7 by Jiminimonka
Have you looked in the Download section of Kunena.org?

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dr. Pariolo
More
11 years 2 months ago #8 by Dr. Pariolo
my bad. my main source for joomla content is the official extensions directory, i assumed everything was there.

thank you.
More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #9 by Smokey4life

SuperSean wrote: UPDATE
issue i was having is still present in v2.0.2 but here is a hack for anyone who needs it:

Find /plugins/kunena/community/community/access.php and change the following line

Code:
$query = "SELECT g.memberid AS user_id, c.id AS category_id, ".KunenaForum::ADMINISTRATOR." AS role
to
Code:
$query = "SELECT g.memberid AS user_id, c.id AS category_id, ".KunenaForum::MODERATOR." AS role

Im using the newest version of the plugin along with the newest version of jomsocial and kunena, and it seems the problem is fixed now, when a normal user creates a new group they are only set to "Moderator" title and no longer administrator. and even tho it shows them as a moderator they do only have moderator ability in the forums they are the group admin of. So everything seems to be working fine as far as that one goes.

[strike]However i still have the problem with it adding <p></p> tags around the group board description in kunena.[/strike]
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Strike out unrelated matter and close topic.
Time to create page: 0.710 seconds