Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please Read This First:

This is a community-driven self-help category to ask questions about designing or developing your own Kunena template. Please be aware that there are rules that apply to topics posted in this category:

Do not use this category for:
  • asking questions about a template that is not designed by the Kunena project team;
  • asking questions about how to make simple changes to a template designed by the Kunena project team (use K 2.0 Templates instead);
  • advertising your own template designs.

Topics that do not meet the above guidelines may be removed without notice

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Merged K 2.0 Custom email content

More
11 years 1 month ago #1 by barkavision
I've been searching for about three hours now trying to find the file that contains the wording of email notifications that are sent. Below is an example:

A new post has been made to a category to which you have assigned as moderator on the (forum name here)

Message Subject : (subject here)
Category : Electronics
Posted by : (user name here)

URL : (link to post here)

Please have a look at it after you have logged in on the site.

Do not answer to this e-mail notification as it is a generated e-mail.

There are some tweaks I would like to make the grammar, but I can't find the language file that contains it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #2 by TKtemp
Replied by TKtemp on topic K 2.0 Custom email content
Hi,
look at this file

JOOMLA_root / administrator / components / com_kunena / language / en-GB / en-GB.com_kunena.libraries.ini

about line 160

More
11 years 1 month ago #3 by barkavision
It doesn't look like that file is on my server.

I edited that one on my computer when I unzipped the Kunena package and then uploaded it, but it didn't replace. It just moved over like file never existed. It's still sending the notifications without that file being present on the server.

I upload it again and see if my changes take.

More
11 years 1 month ago #4 by barkavision
I uploaded the corrected file to the appropriate destination, and it is still sending the wrong emails.

Any other suggestions on where the file that controls the language of the emails lives?

Thanks in advance.

More
11 years 1 month ago #5 by TKtemp
Replied by TKtemp on topic K 2.0 Custom email content
Hi,

double check if you are looking in the right place

JOOMLA_root / administrator / components / com_kunena / language / en-GB / en-GB.com_kunena.libraries.ini

Other solution could be to use Joomla Language Manager -> Overrides

More
10 years 10 months ago #6 by frueter
Replied by frueter on topic K 2.0 Custom email content
Hi all,

is it possible to customize the format of the notification emails?
If not, can somebody please point me to the right file to modify?

Thanks in advance!
frank

More
10 years 10 months ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic K 2.0 Custom email content
*** Topics merged by moderator ***

G'day, frueter, and welcome to Kunena.

Your question has been answered in this topic.

More
10 years 8 months ago #8 by frueter
Hi,

I checked out the en-GB.com_kunena.libraries.ini and it defines the one line above the content as well as the the two lines underneath (i.e. "A new topic has been created..." and "You are getting this...", "Do not answer...").
I would like to format the entire email to make it a little more readable, including (and mostly) the message info and content in the middle.

Is this possible?

Cheers,
frank

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #9 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic K 2.0 Custom email content

frueter wrote: I would like to format the entire email to make it a little more readable, including (and mostly) the message info and content in the middle.

Is this possible?

Without knowing the specific details of how you want to reformat the entire email to make it "a little more readable, etc.", I guess it's possible to do anything you like. I have a favourite response to these kinds of "is it possible" questions:

Nothing is impossible. Everything has a cost!

Kunena is open source which means you can do whatever you like with the source code as long as you do not attempt to redistribute Kunena without the original copyright notices that are embedded in the code. The forum at www.kunena.org is a largely a self-help resource for the benefit of users helping one another. Our job as forum moderators is not necessarily to answer ever question asked but, rather, to point people to where they may find the answers for themselves (if those answers exist).
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
10 years 8 months ago #10 by frueter

Our job as forum moderators is [...] to point people to where they may find the answers

And that is exactly what I was hoping to get in reply, i.e. a pointer to the file(s) I need to look at to be able to modify the formatting of the entire email.
Not sure why you are exlpaining to me how the forum works instead?!

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds