Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 1.7, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Change Kunena template base on user or Joomla template

More
11 years 11 months ago #1 by mobilemews
Hi friends,

I'm newbie here, and try to search for an answer but then really need your hands.

- How can we allow users select their Kunena template - I have 3 and want to have a drop-down box where user can select and apply that template.

- How can we change Kunana template based on Joomla template. For example, on desktop I'm using tpl_desktop template and what to use default tpl of Kunana, but on mobile phones, I have tpl_mobile and want to apply another template (automatically) to Kunana.

Thanks in advance ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #2 by mobilemews

More
11 years 11 months ago #3 by mobilemews
My temporary solution is hack to Kunana (1.7.2) file

File effected:
Code:
components/com_kunena/class.kunena.php

Find this code (line ~30)
Code:
$kunena_config = KunenaFactory::getConfig ();

Add underneath those code:
Code:
if($kunena_app->getTemplate() == 'your-joomla-template'){ $kunena_config->template = 'your-kunana-template'; }

The script check if your your Joomla is using template 'your-joomla-template', then switch Kunana template to 'your-kunena-template' instead of default template setting in Kunena backend.

Time to create page: 0.486 seconds