Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised user contributions, (templates, modules, plugins and hacks) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural changes that occurred in K 1.7, many of the ideas in these topics will not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question How to display Joomla usergroup in Kunena Post Profile?

More
11 years 11 months ago #1 by Toolie
My client has several moderators who help students in his Kunena forum on his membership site. He would like to have the student's Joomla usergroup name(s) displayed in the vertical profile next to the post so that the moderators know to which membership level they belong.

I figured out where to put the extra LI tag, and I created a CSS class for it, but I realize that I don't know how to pull in the Joomla usergroup name into that spot in the vertical profile.

I fiddle with PHP code regularly but I'm not a great coder. I imagine there's a Joomla User Object floating around in memory somewhere, but I don't know how to access it. Can someone show me a routine that would fetch and display the Joomla usergroup(s) of the student who has posted the question? (This would NOT be the usergroup of the moderator LOOKING at the post -- tried that with Nice User Info plugin).

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Toolie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #2 by Toolie
Anyone got ideas on how to display the User Group for the person who posted in the forum?

Thanks for your help,

Toolie

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #3 by CheechDogg
The best thing for you to do is ask how to fetch joomla usergroups over at joomla.org Toolie. Usergroups are not part of Kunena which is probably why no one has any ideas or suggestions for you.

I found this for you: forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2730458 maybe that will give you a starting point.

[img
Find me on Facebook.

CAG Clan 1st and 3rd Person Shooter Clan on XBOX 360 & PS3
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by CheechDogg.

Time to create page: 0.420 seconds