Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question CB Integration - Profile tab says "You are not authorized to view this page!"

More
12 years 9 months ago #21 by bjones211
- CB User profile published and public - check.
- Joomla authentication published and public - check.
- Login and Registration to none - will try that but definitely not an ideal solution...

Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #22 by bjones211
No login re-direction enabled.
Brian

More
12 years 9 months ago #23 by bjones211
Problem occurs with System - Cache plugin enabled and not enabled.

Brian

More
12 years 9 months ago #24 by Matias
I think we have made some progress yesterday on solving this issue (one bug found), but there is still something else going wrong.

Now I'm waiting answer from CB team.

More
12 years 9 months ago #25 by vau3677

sozzled wrote: Would you be able to provide us with a test account that we could use to see the circumstances of the problem, please?

All advices above will remove the message only, but the Kunena recognize the logged in user as a guest.
What access do you need? Joomla?
I forgot to mention that I have "Search Engine Friendly URLs" and "Use Apache mod_rewrite" enabled in joomla, but I'm not the only one.
This message contains confidential information
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
12 years 9 months ago #26 by sozzled
Thanks for that information; I am sure the development team will find this very useful.

I tried this out (using the information you supplied). To recreate the sympton:

(1) Use the login form in the forum
(2) Enter username and password
(3) On entering the forum, this is what you see:

I suspect that the problem has something to do with the redirection settings in the mod_cblogin module. I'll do some more testing to see if I can reproduce this situation on one of my test sites and I'll keep everyone informed with what I discover. Thanks again for your help in allowing us to see what's happening. :)
Attachments:

More
12 years 9 months ago #27 by sozzled
Indeed! I can reproduce this error (I don't know why I did not see it before) and I think it affects all users of CB 1.4 with K 1.6.4. That's both good news and bad news ... and I don't know which is better for you to hear.

If I enable Kunena debug mode on my test site, I see the following error messages:
  • Kunena Menu is missing: You cannot have menu in direct links pointing to Kunena component. You need to create menu item matching to this page.
  • The profile page is not available for guests
... and I know the first of these is nonsense. If I set Kunena to use the Joomla login, I don't see either of these messages. Therefore there has to be some involvement between Kunena and CB.

BTW, I tried using mod_cblogin v 1.2.3, too, and this makes no difference.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #28 by sozzled
I used the fix given to me by Matias in msg #18 in this topic. This removed the second of those two messages I mentioned in my earlier post, namely the one that says "The profile page is not available for guests" but, if you have Kunena debug mode on, it does not remove the first message.

Therefore there is still further work to be done here.

I still cannot reproduce the error message given in the subject of this topic, namely, "Profile tab says 'You are not authorized to view this page!'"
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 9 months ago #29 by vau3677

sozzled wrote: I still cannot reproduce the error message given in the subject of this topic, namely, "Profile tab says 'You are not authorized to view this page!'"

To reproduce this error, try to create a new topic on my forum.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #30 by vau3677
actually, the message is -load-: You do not have permissions to access this page.
I forgot to mention one more important thing. If I log in as an "super administrator", all work fine.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by vau3677.

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds