Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question CB Integration - Profile tab says "You are not authorized to view this page!"

More
12 years 9 months ago #11 by vau3677
hmm, moved...
So, what is the solution, stick to 1.6.2 forever?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #12 by bjones211
It seems there's not a whole lot of acceptance on the developer that this is his problem even though I've proved it, you've proved it, and I'm sure others are seeing it also. I basically commented out the error in the code and redirected the Kunena menu Profile tab to a CB profile type to work-around these issues...

Brian

More
12 years 9 months ago #13 by sozzled

vau3677 wrote: So, what is the solution, stick to 1.6.2 forever?

I'm not sure what "1.6.2" you are discussing ... but it probably does not matter. If you are discussing J! 1.6.2 then the answer is a resounding no. J! 1.6.2 was defective. You should upgrade to J! 1.6.4 immediately.

If you are discussing K 1.6.2 then the answer is, likewise, no. K 1.6.2 does not work - in all ways as people may expect it to work - with J! 1.6.x. In effect, what I am saying is that if you are using J! 1.6 you need K 1.6.4. If you are using J! 1.6 with K 1.6.4 then you need, as a minimum, J! 1.6.3 (but I think we all agree that it would be better to use J! 1.6.4).

I have not seen this problem with K 1.6.4 and J! 1.6.3. I'm not saying that this problem does not exist; I am only saying that I have not been able to reproduce the problem under these circumstances. Evidently, though, more testing is needed to find a reproducible set of conditions that will allow the developers to understand the conditions, identify the causes and propose a solution. This may involve work by both the Kunena and the Community Builder teams.

I have referred the matter to the project team and I am waiting for their considered response.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #14 by GoremanX
A couple of thoughts:

- is your "Community Builder User profile" menu item published and public? This is necessary for CB authentication to work right

- check your authentication plugins, make sure the Joomla authentication plugin is enabled and public. CB can still function with this plugin disabled, but other extensions get tripped up

- as a quick fix, you could set "Login and registration" to "None" in Kunena integrations (not to "Community Builder"). This will remove the login box from Kunena and force your users to login using the CB Login module. It's not ideal, but it might get you around the problem for now. Just make sure your CB login module is clearly visible near the top of every page.

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by GoremanX.

More
12 years 9 months ago #15 by GoremanX
One more thought: also try disabling any login redirection (if you have that enabled).

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com

More
12 years 9 months ago #16 by sozzled
We have been discussing this issue in the development team for the past couple of weeks. It's been a source of concern to us because none of us has been able to reproduce the problem. One variable, that we've overlooked, involves server page-caching.

Perhaps the reason that we have not detected this issue (and some other issues involving the Kunena polls problems) has been due to the way that users have setup their Global Configuration settings?

As we should all know, server page-caching is useless in an environment where you have dynamically-changing web content. Page-caching is acceptable - there are even grounds to use this - in websites that only display static (i.e. rarerly-changing) content. However, the context of a web-based discussion forum, where the information changes with every page view, what purpose does it serve to cache the page on the server when the page has to be rebuilt anyway?

So, can we ask the question: do you have the System - Cache plugin enabled on your site(s)? Can we eliminate this as a potential cause of these login errors?

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #17 by vau3677
I'm using in my project joomla 1.5.23, CB 1.4, Kunena 1.6.2 (since now), tried Kunena 1.6.3 and 1.6.4 which do not work on joomla 1.5.23. Tested CB 1.3 and Kunena 1.6.4 on fresh installed joomla 1.5.23 with no settings changed (on joomla) and any other extensions installed.
I do not know if there are any problems with joomla 1.6 and Kunena 1.6.4, I'm having the error messages issue on joomla 1.5.23 with Kunena 1.6.4, have to downgrade to Kunena 1.6.2 in order to get rid of the error messages.
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by vau3677.

More
12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #18 by sozzled

vau3677 wrote: I'm using in my project joomla 1.5.23, CB 1.4, Kunena 1.6.2 (since now), tried Kunena 1.6.3 and 1.6.4 which do not work on joomla 1.5.23. Tested CB 1.3 and Kunena 1.6.4 on fresh installed joomla 1.5.23 with no settings changed (on joomla) and any extensions installed. Read my first post for details.
I do not know if there are any problems with joomla 1.6 and Kunena 1.6.4, I'm having the error messages issue on joomla 1.5.23 with Kunena 1.6.4, have to downgrade to Kunena 1.6.2 in order to get rid of the error messages.

Here's the good news: we've identified one problem (and I will post the solution to it below) and that problem involves Kunena. But let's also be clear about this issue: this problem does not seem to affect all users of K 1.6.4 who use CB 1.4 (irrespective of whether they are using J! 1.5.x or J! 1.6.x).

There are actually two issues here and this is the solution to one of those issues:

The file ../components/com_kunena/funcs/profile.php has, at around line 30, the following:
Code:
$this->do = $do; if (!$userid) { $this->user = $this->my;
Add one line (see below) to this:
Code:
$this->do = $do; if ($do == 'login') return; if (!$userid) { $this->user = $this->my;
That is the advice that I have received. I haven't tested it myself so I cannot say if it will resolve all of your problems or not.

Would you be able to provide us with a test account that we could use to see the circumstances of the problem, please? You can provide us with that information by using the
This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 12 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 9 months ago #19 by vau3677
I've just tried the code. It just removes the message but the logged in user is still seen as a guest for Kunena. I still can't select categories when posting a message.

More
12 years 9 months ago #20 by sozzled
Would it be possible for you to provide us with a test account at your site. I gave instructions on how to do that in my last message in this topic.

We understand what you've just written and we would like to identify what's causing the issue. As I've written several times before, I have not encountered this situation myself and therefore I'm unable to really give you a specific cure. I've been using K 1.6.4 on J! 1.5.23 with CB 1.4 and I don't have these issues. While I understand that you have a problem, I don't have any answers for you at this time.

Time to create page: 0.424 seconds