Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question J! 1.7.3 + CB 1.7.1 + K 1.7.1: After login as administrator from forum login, not all menu items shown in Kunena menu

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #21 by sozzled

prophoto wrote: When I have CB integration turned on and use the Kunena login form I cannot see the registered menu items. When I use the CB login module everything is fine.

What do the registered menu items look like (as opposed to what someone sees if they haven't logged-in)? And what happens if you login using a normal account (i.e. one that is not a "special" one)?
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #22 by prophoto
IT IS! Plus the form causes other issues!!!!!!!!!!!

Scenario: Kunena has Login and Registration set to CB or Auto. Admin logs in via the CB login module. Everything is fine.

When the admin uses the Kunena login form this happens.

Get it?!!!
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by prophoto.

More
12 years 3 months ago #23 by mwmills
If CB integration is set everything in Kunena works correctly. However the rest of the system does not know of the users sign on thus some menu items may not be displayed for them. The fact that a registered user in logged does not occur.
The following user(s) said Thank You: prophoto

More
12 years 3 months ago #24 by mwmills
Prophoto is right! This is a problem with the integration not handling privileges correctly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: prophoto

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #25 by sozzled

mwmills wrote: Correct, CB Integration is not integrated. CB Integrated Login gets the user information but does not let the reset of the system know the user is there setting appropriate privileges.
With CB Integration the create an account function is correct.

... and this only seems to happen in J! 1.7 but not in J! 1.5, and this happens when you have not changed any permissions (component permissions, module permissions, user permissions) differently from J! 1.7 permissions.

In other words, it appears that the Kunena forum login function does not work (or if it does work, it doesn't work properly) when K 1.7.1 is integrated with Community Builder (in J! 1.7.3) with the following settings:

Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Avatars = CommunityBuilder
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Profiles and User List = CommunityBuilder
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Login and Registration = CommunityBuilder
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Private Messaging = UddeIM
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Activity Notifications = CommunityBuilder
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Access Control = Community Builder

I agree. Those are not the settings I would use. I would, instead, use these settings (just to see if it works):

Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Avatars = Auto Detect
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Profiles and User List = Auto Detect
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Login and Registration = Auto Detect
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Private Messaging = Auto Detect
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Activity Notifications = Auto Detect
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Access Control = Auto Detect

And, if that didn't work, I would use the following settings:

Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Avatars = CommunityBuilder
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Profiles and User List = CommunityBuilder
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Login and Registration = CommunityBuilder
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Private Messaging = UddeIM
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Activity Notifications = None
Forum Configuration » Integration » Integration Options » Access Control = Joomla

Have you tried these suggestions?
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago #26 by prophoto
Either option, auto detect or cb result in the same issue. Logins work correctly when Joomla is chosen, but produces an unwanted result of a link to the Joomla registration page instead of CB.

More
12 years 3 months ago #27 by prophoto

mwmills wrote: Prophoto is right! This is a problem with the integration not handling privileges correctly.

Finally someone backing me up on this! Otherwise it would have fallen on deaf ears! :angry:

More
12 years 3 months ago #28 by sozzled

prophoto wrote: Either option, auto detect or cb result in the same issue. Logins work correctly when Joomla is chosen, but produces an unwanted result of a link to the Joomla registration page instead of CB.

Hold on a moment. I get the picture (msg #22). If I understand your latest message there is another problem, too? If you login you are redirected to the Joomla (or Community Builder) registration page. Is that correct?

There seem to be about 10 different problems going on here and I don't know which ones are the ones we have to fix from the Kunena project side, and which ones are things that you can easily change at your end.

More
12 years 3 months ago #29 by mwmills
Yes...just now and the problem still exists

More
12 years 3 months ago #30 by mwmills
There is only one problem. CB Integration does not properly establish the user/privileges relationship for the system. Symptoms are all of the things that have been discussed, menus and menu items limited to other than Public access are not presented when they should be or access to those 'restricted' areas being rejected with 403 errors.

Time to create page: 0.572 seconds