Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question JS activity with AUP points Kunena 1.6.4

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #1 by cswebmaster
I have hacked the JS activity.php file located in adminstrator/components/com_kunena/libraries/integration/jomsocial.

My config:

Joomla 1.5.23
Kunena 1.6.4
AUP 1.5.13
JS 2.2.3

Basically, I have combined the AUP and JS integrations with a few slight mods for my needs. For my site, I've opted not to use the JS Karma points but this still adds to both points systems if the rule is loaded. Hopefully the next version of Kunena will have a different integration plan. There are some real limitations with the current structure.

Always backup FIRST! Keep a copy of your original file. Load the attached file into the folder above. Set your Kunena activity integration to 'Jomsocial'

Here is what this file will do.

Add points to BOTH JS and AUP if the rules are enabled
Add activity to BOTH JS and AUP
Display the AUP medals and AUP points in the forum profile (left side avatar)
Remove deleted topic from JS Stream & deduct JS points according to rule
Replace topic link in AUP activity table with "Post Deleted" & deduct points according to the rule

Hope this helps.

File Attachment:

File Name: activity.zip
File Size:3 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by cswebmaster.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by buzzQuark
Does this display karma points in the JS profile page.

Also is there a way to replace the JS karma segment in profile to Kunena where it is interactive and members "give" each other karma?

More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by cswebmaster
It's been a while since I had this setup so I am not quite certain. As I recall, it displayed the AUP even though JS was selected as the handler but did nothing to the display of AUP in JS. Best bet is to give it a try (assuming you backup and that your config is similar).

I did end up with the AUP points in JS but I used a clever-joomla template override to make that happen.

As for js karma, I finally gave up on karma and went with pure AUP. AUP seems to be the more robust solution. I wouldn't even know where to begin to make the karma interactive so I can't help you there.

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you. Hope you find the solution you need.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
11 years 11 months ago #4 by pmueller
Do you have also an solution for ?

Kunena 1.7.2
Js 2.4.3
Joomla 2.5.3
AUP 1.6.3

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #5 by kj2010
I used a similar hack. Firstly the one from clever-joomla but this does not work with JS2.6 anymore. Such hacks cause template problems and i talked to JS. They suggested me to keep the default JS template like it is. And i agree with them.

I searched for another solution to replace the JS points with AUP but i gave up.
Finally i use now a module from nordmograph.com which is affordable and a nice one.

I totally disabled the JS points system and i only use AUP.
All rules from JS work also with AUP.
(there are 2 plugins on AUP to get this working >>> import JS rules)

It looks like this on my members profiles:

I use:
Joomla 2.5.4
Jomsocial 2.6.0
Kunena 1.7.2
AUP 1.7.2

That's the only solution i can offer.

btw: I would like to warn here also about clever-joomla.com.
This guy is since more than 6 months not active on his site anymore. The forum was removed and his plugins/modules are not working with JS2.6 anymore. He gives no support and I needed to file a dispute to get my money back. So, better stay away from his plugins.
Maybe some coders are able to adopt his plgs for JS2.6 but i must say that i'm happy with this tiny module instead of hacking the JS profile/template.

Regards,
Martin
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by kj2010.

Time to create page: 0.361 seconds