Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question Board Categories menu not populated

More
14 years 10 months ago #1 by mebigfatguy
Greetings,

I'm playing with the 1.5.1 beta, and have added two category/forums one of which has a parent of 'No Parent' the other that has a parent of the first. I have published both categories. When i go to the front end, i see the top level category, but the secondary is not there, similarly the Board Categories menu has nothing in it.

The help on the page says

Please note: To create a Category, choose 'Top Level Category' as a Parent. A Category serves as a container for Forums.
A Forum can only be created within a Category by selecting a previously created Category as the Parent for the Forum.
Messages can NOT be posted to a Category, only to Forums.

Now i'm assuming this text is just wrongly copied from an older version, as i see no 'Top Level Category' and i'm assuming it is now 'No Parent'.

I was hoping that perhaps i could just uninstall and reinstall, and just rename the sample forums. (which i foolishly deleted the first time i installed). But alas, uninstalling apparently really doesn't fully uninstall everything.

Any ideas what's wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.477 seconds