Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Problem in IE8

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #11 by Lintzy
Replied by Lintzy on topic Re:Problem in IE8
I have a lightbox effect, pls look at my posted link, there were some problems called and how to fix them, issues with more other scripts and so on.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago - 15 years 3 weeks ago #12 by John
Replied by John on topic Re:Problem in IE8
Ok, I installed YOOeffects Plugin and have lightbox effects. Working great in IE7 and IE8, but still IE8 makes the forum too wide.

ps. thanx for the link.
Last edit: 15 years 3 weeks ago by John.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago - 15 years 3 weeks ago #13 by Lintzy
Before my first post, i have thought about that. If you give the message-box or whole kunena a fixed width, this could help.
Last edit: 15 years 3 weeks ago by Lintzy.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago - 15 years 3 weeks ago #14 by Lintzy
I just had looked at your forum, there seem all be fine, no oversized forum?

Browsercache deleted?

oh :blush: forget it.... i looked with firefox :blush:

More
15 years 3 weeks ago - 15 years 3 weeks ago #15 by Lintzy
Ok, as i saw, that this problem concerns IE 6 too, i recognized, that this could be the notorious IE6 Expanding Box Problem.

And i could fix it for IE6 and therefore, this css-hack is important to many Kunena-Admins, because many user still are using IE6.

Next problem was to find a CSS-Hack for IE8. I don't know, if this CSS Hack is working, so please tell me, when the fix solved the oversized Forum.

Edit the kunena.forum.css (of your used Template!) and put these lines of code at the end of the css (this is important)
Code:
/* Fix for Internet Explorer 6*/ *html div.msgtext { width:800px; overflow:hidden!important; word-wrap: break-word; } /*Fix for Internet Explorer 8*/ div.msgtext { width:/*\**/800px\9; overflow:/*\**/hidden!important\9; word-wrap:/*\**/break-word\9; }

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #16 by John
Thank you very much! This solved the problem.

Maybe this is something to include in standard Kunena?

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #17 by Lintzy
Fine, than now i know a working css hack for IE8 :)

More
15 years 3 weeks ago - 15 years 3 weeks ago #18 by Lintzy
John wrote:

Thank you very much! This solved the problem.

Maybe this is something to include in standard Kunena?

CSS-Hacks and Conditional Comments only work, when the user agents of the browsers show: "Hi, I am IE 6" and so on. Most of them do, a few don't do so. F.e. Opera seems to be a IE.

And with every browser-update it can happen, that your fix don't work anymore. It'a pity, because it can cause many problems for webdesigner with their clients. But on the other side, sometimes those hacks are the only way, to fix such a problem.

You can put that code in CSS or other formated code in html. Best way of all is a browser switch, that links to an ie.css and an ie8.css and so on.

I don't know, if such hacks are something, the Kunena DEVs would implement into Kunena Core, but this should be answered through themselves.

Since a few days, I am working at a template for Kunena 1.08, with many core fixes and a browser-switch. But it is much work, i don't know, when it is finished.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #19 by John
Can't wait to see what your new template!:)

More
15 years 3 weeks ago - 15 years 3 weeks ago #20 by Lintzy
Oh, thank you. I forgot to tell, that you must not use the 800px from the hack, you can choose the width, that you need for your layout. The 800px are maximal width for the messagetext. Play with the width, for get that one, you need and think about the fluid design/width of kunena and how it looks with greater solutions etc.

Time to create page: 0.395 seconds