Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Question Old joomla - yeah I know...

More
4 years 2 months ago #1 by fooky
Hi guys,

I know that, what I'm trying to do makes no sense for most of you, still I have to use old Artisteer generated template that works on Joomla 3.3... and I can't force it to run on any never joomla version. Artister project got stucked... so am I.

So, I just made a fresh install of joomla3.3 and it seems non of the versions of Kunena can be installed.
What I get is an error message about a need to upgrade joomla to at least 3.6 (can't do that for that project)

Or while trying older Kunena versions starting from 2.0.4; 3,0.5 and newer I get the message:

Error
Archive does not exist

Warning
JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/jankulowski/ftp/Joomla3.3/tmp/install_5e4d873ac9900/Kunena-Forum-3.0.6/packages/install_5e4d873e9c8a8

JFolder: :folder: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/jankulowski/ftp/Joomla3.3/tmp/install_5e4d873ac9900/Kunena-Forum-3.0.6/packages/install_5e4d873e9c8a8

JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/xxxxxxxxxx/ftp/myfolder/tmp/install_5e4d873ac9900/Kunena-Forum-3.0.6/packages/install_5e4d873e9c8a8

JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file

Install path does not exist

Package Install: There was an error installing an extension: plg_system_kunena_v@[email protected]
p

What am I doing wrong (except of using old Joomla - yeah I know)?

Anyone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #2 by fooky
Replied by fooky on topic Old joomla - yeah I know...
the same with attempts to install Kunena on joomla3.2...
works on joomla1.5...

Php/MySQL verion matters?

More
4 years 2 months ago #3 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Old joomla - yeah I know...
I'm sorry, but we do not support old versions, which also contain security risks. There can be no compelling reason to continue operating an unsafe website, certainly not so that you can keep an outdated template.
It's your decision, if you want to run an insecure website, but here is the wrong place if you want help for it.

More
4 years 2 months ago #4 by fooky
Replied by fooky on topic Old joomla - yeah I know...
I understand that risk,

Still I believe people here have some knowledge about old versions...
So your statement has some sense, but on the other hand makes no sense.

There are some sites running on old CMS versions not because it's administrator's choice, byt because he/she has no choice, because of old or not compatible modules, components with newer joomla versions.
The same goes with some production machines in factories which still run on Windows 98... because they can't use newer windows.
There are people riding classic cars, that have no seat belts, no ac, or airbags...

Maybe for you it makes no sense, but that's how it is in the real world.

Still even there is some risk or no support. It has t work, so I hope I can find someone willing to help.

Meanwhile I see that Joomla3.9 has no problem with my php/MySQL versions, so it's not the case.
Any clue which version of Kunena is suitable for Joomla 3.2?

More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #5 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Old joomla - yeah I know...

The same goes with some production machines in factories which still run on Windows 98... because they can't use newer windows.

Yes, but they have no support from Microsoft. The same with modules which are not compatible for new Joomla versions. Most of these projects are complete out (inclusive support), otherwise it would be adjusted for new Joomla versions. But that should not be the discussion here.
I'm sorry, maybe I had your question wrongly understood and my answer was not correctly enunciated. You can install all versions which you want, but if you have problems with this outdated version, you get no support here.

Meanwhile I see that Joomla3.9 has no problem with my php/MySQL versions, so it's not the case.
Any clue which version of Kunena is suitable for Joomla 3.2?

That is not a secret.
Here you can see all steps beginning from Joomla 1.5 until Joomla 3.x but I think the second link is relevant for you. K 4.0.12 should work.
www.kunena.org/forum/general-questions-a...bs-from-j-1-5-to-j-3
www.kunena.org/forum/installation-issues...-3-0-6-to-5-1#212333
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by rich.

Time to create page: 0.370 seconds