Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Solved Over-crowded new topic page

More
5 years 8 months ago #1 by andrewwinkler
I've just installed the new Kunena v5.1 with the latest paid Blue Eagle template. I found the "new topic" page over-crowded. Users have to page down the page twice to get to the box where to insert the actual post plus and title. It's great for users to be able to embed images, maps, videos etc but not at the price of user convenience.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #2 by andrewwinkler
Since I have not heard back from you guys for 3 days, I downloaded and reinstalled the latest Kunena, Language Pack and Blue Eagle template, with the result that a number of language variables are not being displayed correctly and above mentioned modals are still being displayed unnecessarily. I also tried uninstalling the Blue Eagle template and reinstalling it. Same result.

Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by andrewwinkler. Reason: Update

More
5 years 8 months ago #3 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Over-crowded new topic page
1) install the kunena language package
2) Change option: backend - kunena - templates - blue eagle - Load bootstrap set to yes.

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #4 by andrewwinkler
I already installed the latest version of kunena, 5.0.14, the latest UK language pack to go with it plus the latest Blue Eagle template version, 1.5.0.

Unfortunately, I cannot set the "load bootstrap" to yes, because my "basic settings" template setting tab is empty, that is none of the setting options on there are being displayed. In fact all, but the first tab of the template settings page are empty.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by andrewwinkler.

More
5 years 8 months ago #5 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Over-crowded new topic page
1) Latest Kunena version is Kunena 5.1.2

Maybe you need to update first, try else to clean cache. Joomla and maybe your browser.

More
5 years 8 months ago #6 by andrewwinkler
Great. I just installed the first version listed on the download page. I wouldn't be surprised if that happened to other people too. Hint. Hint.

After installing version 5.1.2, the template configuration tabs worked again, I set "load bootstrap" to yes, and now everything is fine. Thanks for your help.

Time to create page: 0.429 seconds