Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This section is for questions directly related to the procedure for installing Kunena for the first time or upgrading from an older version of Kunena.

Use this category:
  • to ask how to install or upgrade; or
  • if you encountered problems during the installation or upgrade procedure.

Use a different category to ask questions about problems that you may be having after you successfully installed or upgraded the currently supported version. If you are unsure what is the current supported version of Kunena, please go to the download page.

Question Possible conflict with a Themler Template

More
5 years 9 months ago #1 by IanB
Hi,
I have just setup a rebuilt website with newly downloaded Joomla and extensions and a template designed from scratch in Themler. However, I am getting an error when trying to access the forums setup in Kunena. The page opens, but has a blank section of a screen plus before the content. With the debug tool set on I get the following message, but cannot resolve the issue.

Notice: Undefined variable: menutype in .../html/mod_menu/default_component.php on line 54

Rendering Error in layout Widget/Menu: Call to undefined function funcTagBuilder() in .../components/com_kunena/template/crypsisb3/layouts/widget/menu/default.php on line 121
Layout was rendered in .../libraries/kunena/layout/base.php on line 166

Please can someone suggest how I can correct this apparent conflict.

Many thanks, Ian.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #2 by Rokhi
I am having the same problem. Template layout flying to pieces etc. errors reported as you have experienced.

I installed the free K5 jf_simone template from joomla forest ( www.joomforest.com/kunena/templates ) and declared the variable $menutype in ...html/mod_menu/default_component.php. All those errors went away. Of course the menutype error will reappear when I update joomla so I should do an override.

I have not yet figured out what Joomla Forest are doing to integrate better with Themler, or why the variable $menutype is missing from the joomla core component but I think Kunena should probably investigate.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Rokhi. Reason: clarification

More
5 years 4 months ago #3 by billh210
What menu type can you share the code you used?

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #4 by 810
Please Update your wright framework.

github.com/joomlashack/wright/releases
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by 810.

Time to create page: 0.516 seconds