Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Question Where is the Kunena code for "Moderate New Users"?

More
4 years 7 months ago #1 by feliwebwork
Hi,

A few years ago I asked if it was possible to moderate a specific user, and the answer was no. I would like to figure out a way of moderating user posts (ie. similar to how you can set Kunena to moderate new users) if they are in a particular joomla group.

Could someone direct me to the file where Kunena triggers the "moderate new user if less than x posts" function? That might be the place for me to work out some code for it to check if a particular user belongs to a particular group and if so to moderate that post.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

It's handled at the line here :https://github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/blob/K5.1/src/components/com_kunena/controllers/topic.php#L547, so the
Code:
$this->config->hold_newusers_posts
is corresponding at the value of Kunena setting "Moderate New Users"

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
4 years 7 months ago #3 by feliwebwork

xillibit wrote: Hello,

It's handled at the line here :https://github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/blob/K5.1/src/components/com_kunena/controllers/topic.php#L547, so the

Code:
$this->config->hold_newusers_posts
is corresponding at the value of Kunena setting "Moderate New Users"

Thank you, i will try to have a look there. Though there obviously seem to be other pieces of the puzzle that are not immediately clear to me. Like, this seems to be where it finds out how many posts a user must have made before they stop being moderated, but I can't work out how to modify this code so that instead of looking at how many posts a user made, it will look at whether a user belongs to a particular group (e.g. registered, custom, author, publisher, etc.). Any ideas on how I would go about that?

Thanks for your help with this.

Time to create page: 0.374 seconds