Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Question Substitutions

More
5 years 11 months ago #1 by jhoefs
Substitutions was created by jhoefs
Hello - I have developed a forum I like alot with Kunena, and so want to keep working with it. I have had difficulties breaking into the template overrides - most of the information that can be found publicly is several years old, and not accurate in terms of the version of Kunena I am using.

Community Builder has a good setup for doing simple substitutions. I'd like to start with something simple in regards to Kunena.

If you refer to the attached screenshot, I'd like to replace the word "subject" at the top of the column with "process". I'd like to replace "replies/views" with "posts/views", and then everything that follows in the other fields:

"Topic started 4 days 17 hours ago" should become "Process started 4 days 17 hours ago"

"Replies:0" should become "Posts:0"

If I could override the html, this would be easy. Of course, we live in the age of php.

I am new to PHP, and have spent hours studying the relevant files, and I am still having difficulties tracing everything back.

So I thought I'd humbly ask for help with this simple task, and then if I can get this down, I also want to do a custom forum index page which is described in this post: www.kunena.org/forum/general-questions-a...150960-customization

Please find my configuration report attached in TXT format. Thank you!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #2 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Substitutions
All translations and words are in the ini files (in the language folder). The easiest way to change words or text passages is a language override.
docs.kunena.org/en/languages/language-overrides

More
5 years 11 months ago #3 by jhoefs
Replied by jhoefs on topic Substitutions
Hey thanks for the response. Got savvy to the language overrides on the Joomla end, and they are super easy.

Problem is I want one category of forums to have the changes above, and another to be traditional forums.

Is there a way to do custom overrides just on one category? perhaps there is a plugin/module that can do this? At this point the only way I can figure to do this is to make copy of all the php files involved, and replace the strings with new constants, with the correct values.

Questions: 1) will the above be possible? Can I just create new constants at will?
2) once I've created the new constants/php how do I tell Joomla/Kunena to point at those php files only for that category and its topics?
3) finally :) is there any damn way to use multiple templates in Kunena? I can't for the life of me figure out why this isn't implemented. On my Joomla site, I use 4 versions of the same template seamlessly. In Kunena, if I could just make an alternate version of my template, and assign that just to this category thread, I could solve all of these problems super easy.

Does anyone know a way to do that?

Does anyone know any other solutions for the above mentioned problems?

Thank you!

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #4 by Pinkeltje
Replied by Pinkeltje on topic Substitutions
Duplicate. Can be removed.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Pinkeltje.

Time to create page: 0.339 seconds