Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Question Adding a Paid feature

More
6 years 7 months ago #31 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Adding a Paid feature
In principle is it the same, when a user buys the Blue Eagle template and he get automatically access to a speific category.
But you want have 3 options. Membership free, Membership for short time and Membership for long time. So the plugin would have to recognize the difference between membership short and membership long. I'm not sure if it's possible. Maybe is better you ask the author of this plugin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #32 by eddiej211
Replied by eddiej211 on topic Adding a Paid feature
Hello,

I am simply looking for a feature I can add to the Kunena forum, that allows me to convert the forum to a paid service.

If a viewer wants full access, the buy a membership (or subscription)

Do you (Kunena) have something like that I can install?

Thank you,

More
6 years 6 months ago #33 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Adding a Paid feature

Do you (Kunena) have something like that I can install?

I'm sorry, we don't have something like that. If we had something like this, we wouldn't use a extension from RD-Media.
If you mean, the subscription manager which we use is not suitable for you, maybe you find here another extension.
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...ers=0&clearfilters=1

More
6 years 6 months ago #34 by eddiej211
Ok, Thank you.

Let's see if we can do this.

I want to know if I can change a link, or, redirect a link. On the forum, currently you can browse the site at will. If you want to look at a post, you can read it, however, you have to register to Kunena to post, edit, reply etc... this is understood.

On this temp website; 109.199.125.12/~michigan/index.php

(See my screen shot) On the bottom of a posted forum, it says, Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

I want to keep 'log in' verbiage as is. I want to know if I a change or redirect the 'CREATE AN ACCOUNT' link to this a page where you have to purchase a paid membership. 109.199.125.12/~michigan/index.php/forum-mifp

So in short, any one who wants to post, edit or reply, will have to purchase / register on this page before they an enter the site.

Is this possible? And if so, where can I rewrite this?

Thank you
Attachments:

More
6 years 6 months ago #35 by eddiej211
Hello,

Will there be any response to the last reply of mine?

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #36 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Adding a Paid feature
You can create/copy a kunena plugin. like the kunena - joomla plugin, then edit the public function getRegistrationURL() part.

and then disable the kunena - joomla plugin and enable your plugin
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by 810.

More
6 years 6 months ago #37 by eddiej211
I kind of understand what you are saying. However, isn't there something somewhere in the Kunena CSS that would allow me to simply link the verbiage "CREATE AN ACCOUNT" to go to the log in page url and upon completion of the paid membership, it would dump me back to the forum where I can fully use it?

More
6 years 6 months ago #38 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Adding a Paid feature
css = template style
"CREATE AN ACCOUNT" to go to the log in page url = php coding.

So it can't be just css. you need to change some lines, easiest is to copy the kunena- joomla plugin and rename it, and change the xml.

More
6 years 6 months ago #39 by eddiej211
I understand what you are saying, but not on what to do. Any help and or step by step instructions would be great and very helpful.

Thank you,

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds