Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Question Adding a Paid feature

More
6 years 6 months ago #11 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Adding a Paid feature
Thx, i had already seen it. You say, you have tested as normal user. Have you tested with one of this users (name beginning with ed.. or rt...) ? These both users you have already added to the Membership group.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago #12 by eddiej211
Replied by eddiej211 on topic Adding a Paid feature
Yes, I have tried with the users you have mentioned. I created them as well in an attempt to see if this is working correctly. Have you been able to detect what the issue is?

More
6 years 6 months ago #13 by rich
Your settings are correct, but you think vice versa. This test user has now access to the categories for Membership and all other categories which available for "normal" registered users.
If you remove the test user from the Membership group, he cannot see the Membership categories, but he can see all others categories which available for "normal" registered users.
Example:
Membership group users see now
Membership categories - Yes
Categories for registered users - Yes
Registered users without membership see now
Membership categories - No
Categories for registered users - Yes

More
6 years 6 months ago #14 by eddiej211
Ok, yes, now I am confused.

Anyone who lands on the site has access to the site with the exception of the forum. If they want access to the forum, they have to pick a membership.

1) Free membership allows access to the forums and which gives them viewing access only. No reply, no edit, no creation of topics.

2) A paid membership which allows the user access to the forum and allows topic creation, editing, replying ect....

I need to set up user groups to work within this set of logic. Currently any user group I use, has complete access to all the features on the forum.

I hope this makes sense and sorry for any confusion. So how can I set this up?

Thank you.

More
6 years 6 months ago #15 by eddiej211
PS - I have also changed the the public group to no permissions as well, so this seems backwards to me to be able have access to everything with the permissions turned off.

More
6 years 6 months ago #16 by rich
It's in principle easy. You need 2 groups. Free Memberships and Paid Membership. As main access for all categories use Free Membership (primary group). As secondary choose the user group Paid Membership.
The setting for all membership categories are the same (see image).
Now can the free membership group only read
and the paid membership group can also to write

Attachments:

More
6 years 6 months ago #17 by eddiej211
Ok, now it works. Our disconnect is where we are setting the permissions. Now that I set the user group internally (primary & secondary) in the Kunena user group Free membership, it works properly, I log in as a free member, and it litterally says "You cannot reply to this topic."

THANK YOU!

The admin and paid for membership are working correctly.

Now here is my last dilemma. When you log out you come to this page - 109.199.125.12/~michigan/index.php/forum/tryouts-10u
(please see the attached screen shot)

How can we redirect this page to the home page upon log out?
Thank you again,

More
6 years 6 months ago #18 by eddiej211
Here is the screen shot
Attachments:

More
6 years 6 months ago #19 by rich
Is the account which you have created for me, still available? But I would have to additional 2 accounts as normal user, otherwise I can't test it in the frontend.

More
6 years 6 months ago #20 by eddiej211
Yes the account is still active.

However this is the temp site, separate from the actual live site. Should I wait to launch the new site or can you give me direction on the redirect?

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds