Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Question Twitter cards and Facebook open graph image

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #1 by Cyrusxxxx
Hello can anyone point me to some plugin or hack to add facebook open graph and twitter card info in Kunena.
I specifically need to be able to add custom image and description to topics and categories as well index page of Kunena.
And this hack/plugin to work on only kunena forum. Not the rest of the site.

Thank you!
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Cyrusxxxx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago #2 by ruud
Hi, I am the developer (and user :)) of this plugin that does exactly (and probably more) what you need: onlinecommunityhub.nl/joomla-extensions/ochopengraph

You can automatically add correct opengraph and twitter cards to joomla articles / k2 items and easyblog posts. Where the images are taken from a Joomla Custom field, intro image, full image first text image. If these are not available it takes a configured fall-back image. (it even checks if the image resolution is high enough to meet the minimum requirements for facebook)

You can manually (via e.g. a custom module) add these tags to any page (I use it myself on my support form) via adding the tag: {ochopengraph image="https://your custom image url"}

Here is a blog I wrote regarding opengraph and twittercards that perhaps can help you pick a good plugin: onlinecommunityhub.nl/community-tools/81...ain-your-seo-ranking

Hope this helps.
regards,
Ruud.

sharing = caring

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #3 by Cyrusxxxx
Hello ruud, and thank you for replaying to me, I have implemented open graph and twitter cards for rest of the site, but I need one only for kunena pages. Can your plugin be set with info only on kunena pages and not affect global opengraph and tw cards?

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #4 by Cyrusxxxx
Also when I went to see your plugin in action for your forum index via twitter validator here is the result in attachment.
Facebook open graph is shown with two errors
Code:
Inferred Property The 'og:image' property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags. Missing Properties The following required properties are missing: og:url, og:type, og:title, og:image, og:description, fb:app_id

but it is shown :laugh:

Can you add this ability for twitter cards to related to kunena forum?
If you can I am your customer :)

Attachments:

More
6 years 7 months ago #5 by ruud
Yes it can. What you need to do then is to switch of the auto placement for joomla / K2 / Easyblog.
Create a custom HTML module (with option: prepare content = yes) with the {ochopengraph image="https://your custom image url"} 'code' in it. And assign this module to your Kunena page(s).
That's also how I do it on onlinecommunityhub.nl/forum/

sharing = caring

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #6 by ruud
hold on... I think something has changed. Looks like the Kunena (incomplete) opengraph tags overwrite the tags that are placed by another plugin.
Need to investigate. Will follow up here :sick:

In the mean time: github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/5520

sharing = caring
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by ruud.

More
6 years 7 months ago #7 by ruud
Okay, fixed :) (working work around as I think the problem is in Kunena caching...

sharing = caring
Attachments:

More
6 years 7 months ago #8 by ruud
Hi Cyrusxxxx,
The work around is to set caching of in the custom module. That way you 'force' joomla to 'execute' the content plugins on the module.
What I am now trying to make a native kunena integration. But that requires a change in the kunena code.
I have done a proposal for that: github.com/Kunena/Kunena-Forum/issues/5521
What this will do is open the possibility for all content plugins to work with Kunena :)

For the time being: the work around works great :)

sharing = caring

More
6 years 7 months ago #9 by Cyrusxxxx
I understand now ruud, soon I will finish developing my site and all social media stuff will leave for the final step. Then I will use your plugin with work around and if kunena accept your proposal will be even better. either win-win situation.
Also I think Joomla 3.7.5 has some issues with cache they manifested on my site with JomSocial component . I am working now on it right now so it will help. I will contact you when I am done on your site.

Thank you again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ruud

More
6 years 7 months ago #10 by ruud

Time to create page: 0.369 seconds