Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Question Unread posts only display?

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #1 by makotosun
I have placed this in the feature requests section, but am hoping some knowledgeable type in the community may have an idea on this.

I would like an option either as a Kunena Menu item or on the recent posts module, to shoe "Unread" posts. Not just recent or new, but the ones I have not yet read. On a busy forum, you could have several pages of posts between visits. This would allow a user to only list those he/she has not yet read, to avoid missing something that has slipped a ways down the listing.

Essentially the recent posts shows all recent posts and flags the ones that are unread with the "new" indicator - I am looking for the option which only shows the posts which have that flag. They continue to show in the recent posts option, without the flag, after reading them, so the data appears available. I am just too much of a novice to figure,out how to access and display it!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #2 by makotosun
Anyone have any ideas on this?

It is a pretty standard feature on forums such as PHPBB.

Thanks!
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by makotosun.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #3 by makotosun
I’ve been thinking about this a bit, and it seems like the code exists in the forum to have a module that displays only those posts that a user has not yet read, as opposed to a list of all posts sine the last visit.

Once you read a post, the “new”marker disappears, even though the thread remains displayed in either the module or the menu tab layout. What I am looking for is that ONLY the posts with an active new indicator would show. I.e, threads that you read would not appear the next time you load the unread module.

I wiould take a shot at creating the coding if someone migh point me to the trigger where this would key off of.

Thanks for helping someone who only knows just enough about code to be really dangerous!

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by makotosun.

Time to create page: 0.352 seconds