Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please note: The Kunena project team takes NO responsibility for maintaining nor supporting anything in this category.

Question Has anybody try to use kunena forum from the smartphone?

More
6 years 8 months ago #11 by Oscarfishlover
Funny that this post should be here, I've come here for a very similar reason. For quite a few years now I've had the Tapatalk plug-in installed which enables users who have this application on the smart phone to use my forum from the Tapatalk application. I disabled the plug-in a few weeks ago because somebody told me it can effect AdSense earnings. However, I didn't see any evidence of this so I put it back in place after updating kunena up to 5 so I enabled the Tapatalk plug-in again. One of my regular users then told me that he was getting an error when he's tried to use Tapatalk on the forum. I've checked and I can't find anything wrong. Apart from disabling, and then enabling, I've made no other changes to the plug-in.

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #12 by makotosun
I’m using the Blue Eagle template and Kunena 5 on two forums and another in development. It works great on my iPhone 5 + 6

A couple of screenshots below:

The top menus would be more elegant if it were more condensed, but it works great.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by makotosun.

More
6 years 3 months ago #13 by Oscarfishlover
I think it depends on what your niche is to how many people are using mobile and how many people are using a desktop to access your forum. I think that if you are targeting a fairly young audience with let's say a hobbyist type website then the chances are most people are going to be sitting on the couch using a smartphone. However, if your website is more geared towards a professional then you may find they are accessing from a desktop. My website and forum is geared towards tropical fish keeping you in the last time I looked my mobile traffic took up nearly 80%. The desktop was way-way behind. In fact, I often look at Google analytics at the real-time to see who is on the website and is very rare that desktop is ahead of mobile. In fact, I often desktop even showing, everybody is on a mobile.

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
6 years 3 months ago #14 by makotosun
I used to use Tapatalk on my site and the problem was Kunena is about the last plugin they update, so about when I got things working, I would need to update Kunena, and all went to heck.

I purchased the Blue Eagle template which is my screenshot.. I also have a nice theme Fromm round theme which is a cleaner mobile layout, but I needed the blue eagle to have a couple features my folks needed.

More
5 years 5 months ago #15 by Slacker
Half a year I have used latest Kunena with Crypsis template and it works very well for smartphones. But it is not possible to moderate in category view like delete subjects or move them. The only complaints from users were that Quick Reply did not fit the view, but modal reply does.

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds