Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Solved Assign a module for each internal kategory of the forum

More
4 years 1 month ago #1 by jotjal01
Hi, everybody,

I'd like to know if the following is possible:
I need to activate a module with an image in each category of the forum I have created, but when I search for the category that has been created through "kunena categories" it does not appear and therefore I cannot make a module with an image appear only when the user accesses that category.

I thought that somehow it was like the native Joomla menu categories, but I see that Kunena has its own hierarchy.

The idea is to see a different image inserted in a module when the user accesses the different kunena categories.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #2 by Leen
The thing I know is that with the categories of kunena you can assign different Category icon:
But you certainly don't mean that

L.v.d.A
Attachments:

More
4 years 1 month ago #3 by jotjal01
Thanks for your input, but it's not the idea.
Just as we can assign a module (image) to be displayed in each of the Joomla categories, in this case with the Kunena categories I can't find how to do it.
I tried to create a URL menu with the same address as a Kunena section, but it doesn't allow me to do it.

More
4 years 1 month ago #4 by Leen
when I in kunena menu a new menu item
added and I choose kunena Show category
then I can choose a category under Category ID
if I then choose the link type tab, I can insert a picture
but must make them small eg 50px.
Do you mean that ? maybe it can help you

L.v.d.A
Attachments:

More
4 years 1 month ago #5 by jotjal01
It's not that, I want to activate a module only in a specific category or subcategory of the forum.
The module can only be seen when you access a forum category, that's the point.

More
4 years 1 month ago #6 by Leen
As far as I know there is only a kunena latest
module and also that reads the category icoons but if I do it
well you can add your own category of icons. read more here

L.v.d.A

More
4 years 1 month ago #7 by jotjal01
It's not enough...
I thought it was possible to tell in which kunena category you can display or hide a native Joomla module, but I was surprised to see that you can't.

We can only enable or disable a module for Joomla pages, but not for the categories of a section in Kunena, this should be necessary and offer more possibilities for customization in the web environment.

More
4 years 1 month ago #8 by rich
In which module position do you want to display the modules?

More
4 years 1 month ago #9 by jotjal01
Hello,

I solved it by creating a new menu for each Kunena category listing, it's the only viable solution.
This way when the user accesses a category in the forum a custom module is activated where images can be inserted to make navigation more intuitive.
Thank you all for your answers.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #10 by rich
Yes, that's in principle the only way. If these menu items were created correctly and not moved in other menus you can hide this menu items (tab Link Type -> Display in Menu = No).
If you want menu items in other menus which are linked to the categories, then create Systemlinks -> Menu Item Type = Menu Item Alias.
docs.kunena.org/en/troubleshooting/menu-issues
Then it's indifferent whether you choose a category from the index page or accessed via a different menu, it displays always the right module.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by rich.

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds