Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is only for reporting defects or problems with Kunena 2.0 test versions. This is NOT a support forum - there is no support for test versions. Users should NOT install K 2.0 alpha or beta test versions on websites with live production data.

Wherever possible, please include your K 2.0 configuration report.

Solved K2.0.0 RC2 - menu issues with upgrade

More
11 years 10 months ago #11 by nopalot
Hello, first thanks for the great component and the great support!
I'm having an issue with the Kunena tabs on top of the forum:

Matias wrote: Kunena 2.0 has a small change on displaying menu -- you always need to have menu items UNDER your Forum menu to display the menu. Or you can use menu item alias to point to the automatically created menu. So the issue is in your Kunena menu item inside your main menu.

The (rockettheme) templates I've used so far with Joomla 2.5 do not highlight (i.e. mark the menu items as selected) menu items of type "menu item alias".
So I can either have Kunena tabs (if using a menu item alias) or a highlighted main menu entry (if the menu item not an alias), but not both...
Do you have any ideas how to get both - the highlighted main menu item and the Kunena tabs?
Thank you,
Nop.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #12 by sozzled
nopalot: I am trying to understand how your questions relate to what we've discussed earlier in this topic and, in particular, whether your problem will simply disappear when K 2.0.0 stable is released. I am trying to understand whether the problem lies with the Rockettheme template that you are using or whether the problem is caused by the way that K 2.0.0 RC2 did not properly create menu items - something that has been fixed.

It would assist everyone, when people report various issues in testing K 2.0, if people read the "rules" posted at the top of this page. In other words, when you make a report about problems that you have found with test versions of K 2.0, please include your configuration report so that we can see if the problem is something faulty with Kunena or if the problem was caused by something you may have done.

In your case I cannot decide what is the cause of your problem but, because we don't see the problem here at this website, perhaps your problem has more to do with how you implemented Kunena and less about some software defect. I don't know. :S
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nopalot

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #13 by kristobal

nopalot wrote: The (rockettheme) templates I've used so far with Joomla 2.5 do not highlight (i.e. mark the menu items as selected) menu items of type "menu item alias".
So I can either have Kunena tabs (if using a menu item alias) or a highlighted main menu entry (if the menu item not an alias), but not both...
Do you have any ideas how to get both - the highlighted main menu item and the Kunena tabs?
Thank you,
Nop.

Lemme try to show you a Solution, without knowin´ about any Config-Logs from yours.

Simply log into your Backend. Go to the Menus/ Your Main Menu. Select the Menu Tab, which is directing to the Kunena Forum (I guess you named it "Forum" aswell) and "Edit" it. Klick onto Details/ Menu Item Type/ Select. Choose System Links/ Menu Item Alias. Select Required Settings/ Menu Item/ Kunena Menu/ --Index. Save & Close. Done.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by kristobal.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nopalot

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #14 by nopalot
sozzled and kristobal, thank you both for the quick reply and sorry for being too vague in my earlier post. I was referring to version 2.0.0-RC2

roland76 wrote:

After update no Kunena menu as top of Kunena (the tabs) where shown.

I'm aving the same problem - that the Kunena tabs are not always shown.

Matias wrote:

Kunena 2.0 has a small change on displaying menu -- you always need to have menu items UNDER your Forum menu to display the menu. Or you can use menu item alias to point to the automatically created menu. So the issue is in your Kunena menu item inside your main menu.

What I like to do is to ensure that the Kunena tabs are visible regardless of the menu item that points to the forum. Is this somehow possible?

The fact that the rockettheme templates do not highlight menu item aliases has nothing to do with Kunena. I mentioned it as explanation to make my situation more clear, but it had the opposite effect...
Sorry about it!

Anyway, here are my configuration settings:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 8M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_clarion | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.2 | creationdate: April 10, 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.0-RC2 | creationdate: 2012-06-10

Kunena version detailled: Kunena 2.0.0-RC2 | 2012-06-10 [ E-Prime ]
| Kunena detailled configuration:

| Joomla! detailled language files installed:

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.7.3 | UddeIM 2.8

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by nopalot.

Time to create page: 0.512 seconds