Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category for technical discussions among experienced, skilled developers who either want to integrate own their software with Kunena or who are developing new features for Kunena.

Please introduce yourself and your goals before asking the questions.

Please do not ask questions about when new versions of Kunena will be released. They will not be answered here and may result in locking the topic from further discussion.

Question Need to hook into post flow - how?

More
11 years 8 months ago #1 by cambler
I have a need to hook into the post flow for a plugin I'm developing.

Specifically, I need to know what event fires when a post is made such that I can have my plugin be notified and be able to have access to the post. It does not need to modify the post in any way, it simply needs all of the information about the post (who posted, where, the text, etc.).

On the flip side, my plugin needs to be able to inject posts into the forum. It will know the ID of an existing thread or will create its own, knowing which forum to put it in. It will have the text of the post as well as the ID of the user making the post.

I presume there is an event for the first requirement and an API call for the second? Pointers would be very helpful!

If it helps, this plugin will be something that I suspect almost every site owner will likely consider of great value, and we do intend on releasing it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #2 by cambler
Hello?

This is a very basic development issue. One might even consider it a fundamental one. Is anyone here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds