Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Please Read This First:

Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category. For a quicker response, please give as much information to help us understand the problem (see How To Ask Questions The Smart Way and What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? ).

This category is only for reporting defects with K 2.0 Please read, before you post, Before you post your question, read this first .

Do not use this category:
  • if this website ( www.kunena.org ) works but works differently to how you expected
  • for requests to add or remove the standard features of Kunena;
  • for questions commonly asked or "how to" in nature (see the FAQs menu tab above);
  • for help with Kunena versions that are not the latest stable release; or
  • for general Joomla or website administration matters

You must include your K 2.0 configuration report; if you do not include your configuration report, your topic may be closed (locked) or deleted without any further warnings from the moderators.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Important Additional avatar galleries

More
11 years 6 months ago #11 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Avatar Gallery
G'day, dapinna and welcome to Kunena.

I am not sure what is the problem here. There is no problem that requires fixing. As xillibit wrote earlier (and I updated the Wiki to use this information), we now know that the ability to create additional avatars works in K 2.0.

This is what you need to do:

(1) create a sub-folder within ../media/kunena/avatars/gallery/
(2) make sure that the sub-folder has the same permissions as the parent folder
(3) upload images into the sub-folder

If this does not work for you then it requires more information from you to help us to understand better the problem. It would help to see your configuration report and, perhaps, have a test account on your site to see what it is that you are trying to describe.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dapinna

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #12 by dapinna
Replied by dapinna on topic Avatar Gallery

sozzled wrote: G'day, dapinna and welcome to Kunena.

I am not sure what is the problem here. There is no problem that requires fixing. As xillibit wrote earlier (and I updated the Wiki to use this information), we now know that the ability to create additional avatars works in K 2.0.

This is what you need to do:

(1) create a sub-folder within ../media/kunena/avatars/gallery/
(2) make sure that the sub-folder has the same permissions as the parent folder
(3) upload images into the sub-folder

the 3 steps were performed exactly as described

in particular, I created a folder called "test" ("test in Italian) and then call in full:

../media/Kunena/avatars/gallery/test

If this does not work for you then it requires more information from you to help us to understand better the problem. It would help to see your configuration report and, perhaps, have a test account on your site to see what it is that you are trying to describe.

I should add that I also tried to change the permissions of the folders and files to 755 but to 777, without solving the problem.

The problem I am experiencing on two different websites, both with Joomla 2.5.7 Kunena 2.0.2 and both have recently updated by Kunena 1.7.2

The provider that hosts the two websites is different.

If you need access to the site can create and send data via MP

The configuration of one of the two websites is the following:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : dip_j25_07 | author: DAPINNA.COM di Daniele Pinna | version: 1.0.7 | creationdate: 2012-06-17

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 fix dapinna | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.2 | creationdate: 2012-09-13

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.2 | 2012-09-02 [ Botschafter ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by dapinna.

More
11 years 6 months ago #13 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Avatar Gallery

dapinna wrote: If you need access to the site can create and send data via MP

We do not have a private messaging facility at this site. You can provide us with details that only the forum moderators will see using the confidential BBcode tags.

It's possible that this problem may be caused by the Kunena template that you are using. Try using the unmodified K 2.0 Blue Eagle template instead.

It is also possible that this problem may be caused if you have improperly set up your Joom;am menu. Try using the default Kunena menu (see the video in The Kunena Menu to see how to restore the standard menu.

It would help to see this issue from the point-of-view of a user on your site. A test account would help. Use this BBcode:
Code:
[confidential]Username Password:[/confidential]
The following user(s) said Thank You: dapinna

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #14 by dapinna

sozzled wrote:

dapinna wrote: If you need access to the site can create and send data via MP

We do not have a private messaging facility at this site. You can provide us with details that only the forum moderators will see using the confidential BBcode tags.

OK

It's possible that this problem may be caused by the Kunena template that you are using. Try using the unmodified K 2.0 Blue Eagle template instead.

I already tried this solution ... by selecting the original template the problem is not solved ... :-(

I also tried a clean install of Joomla 2.5 locally (as a server using Ubuntu Server 12.04), but the problem is the same.

It is also possible that this problem may be caused if you have improperly set up your Joom;am menu. Try using the default Kunena menu (see the video in The Kunena Menu to see how to restore the standard menu.

I followed the procedure step by step video ...
both the website and in the local online
The problem remains :-(

It would help to see this issue from the point-of-view of a user on your site. A test account would help. Use this BBcode:

Code:

OK, created :-)

The website and forum are in Italian ...
I hope there are no problems :-)

Last edit: 11 years 6 months ago by dapinna.

More
11 years 6 months ago #15 by dapinna
I tried to locate the source, the functions that deal with imbue the checkbox and reload the page.

in the file:
components / com_kunena / template / blue_eagle / html / user / edit_avatar.php
at line 59 is the following code:
Code:
<td class="kuadesc"> <? php echo $ this-> galleries;?> </ td>

$ this-> galleries;
that calls a function
Code:
getAvatarGallery ($ path)

which is located at line 333, file
components / com_kunena / views / user / view.html.php
(this part takes care of creating the checkbox)

This in turn attracts educated, directed, via line 349
Code:
$ selected = JString :: trim ($ this-> gallery);
another function of the same file:
Code:
displayEditAvatar ()

and it is here, I'm afraid that the problem occurs ...
but I'm not quite experienced in PHP programming to solve. :-(

More
11 years 6 months ago #16 by jeyjey
Replied by jeyjey on topic Avatar Gallery
The problem is not solved, I tryed for all time, probably something was wrong in the coding.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moonstone, dapinna

More
11 years 6 months ago #17 by rich
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moonstone, jeyjey, dapinna

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #18 by ClydeTACH
Well... I'm having the same problem with the latest version of Kunena... impossible to add new Avatar galleries as mention in previous posts. :dry:

Hope the devs are gonna find a way to fix this... or at least give us some code to modify to fix it. :unsure:
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by ClydeTACH. Reason: forgot to subscibe to topic ^^
The following user(s) said Thank You: Moonstone

More
11 years 2 months ago #19 by sozzled
Please provide your Kunena configuration report so that the developers can investigate your enquiry. Thank you.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #20 by Moonstone
I just upgraded from 1.7.2 to 2.0.4 and I'm having the same issue. It's similar to the page behavior I reported back during 1.6. Only now, it's more than a confusing annoyance, it's preventing users from selecting avatars from my custom avatar gallery.

I checked to make sure the gallery is still in the right location (/media/kunena/avatars/gallery).

Hopefully I can explain the problem I'm having step by step.

1. I go to the profile editor and select the 'Avatar Image' tab.
2. I open the dropdown menu (where it says 'Default Gallery'). I can see the many albums I have put my avatars in (I have them organized by type). I try to select one.
3. The page automatically refreshes and goes back to the 'User Account' tab.
4. When I select the 'Avatar Image' tab once again, it has reset back to the default gallery.

In short, you can try to access your custom galleries all day long, but the page will keep redirecting back to the 'User Account' tab.

Here is my configuration:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Enabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 32M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : jsn_dome_pro | author: JoomlaShine.com | version: 2.2.1 | creationdate: 07/08/2011

Kunena default template details : Kindred (Orange) | author: Kindred | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: UddeIM 2.3

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: Search - Kunena Search 2.0.4 | Content - Kunena Discuss 2.0.4

Modules: Kunena Login 2.0.4

Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by Moonstone.

Time to create page: 0.457 seconds