Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question Going from Kunena 1.7 to Kunana 2.0 with sql database only

More
10 years 11 months ago #1 by dzikson
I have an old Joomla 1.5 database and I'm wondering if there's a way I can somehow just use Kunena (1.7) fields to restore forums on a new website that has Joomla 2.5 and Kunena 2.0?

If not what's my other choice? Do I have to recreate the old Joomla 1.5 site and try to upgrade it with jUpgrade? I tried that while back but it would always hang and never finish the upgrade.

Thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #2 by Matias
You need to import users from Joomla 1.5 into Joomla 2.5 and the only tools for that are SPUpgrade or JUpgrade. There just isn't another way...

What comes to Kunena, you can just copy media/kunena folder and all jos_kunena tables into the new database with new prefix and install the component. After that you need to change all category permissions (or migrate with JUpgrade).

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #3 by dzikson
OK, so I managed to restore Joomla 1.5 version of the site from a backup. On that backup I upgraded Kunena to version 2.0.4

I used jUpgrade Pro and I got all users and other stuff imported to Joomla 2.5.11 version. I then installed Kunena 2.0.4 on that site. I transferred all old jos_kunena tables to the new database and renamed them to newprefix_kunena. I copied media folder and made sure new site has the same kunena plugins enabled as the old site.

At that point I tried it, I see all categories and posts but I get these two messages both on frontend and backend:

Warning: array_intersect() [function.array-intersect]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/dzikson/public_html/j25/plugins/kunena/joomla/access.php on line 178

Warning: array_intersect() [function.array-intersect]: Argument #2 is not an array in /home/dzikson/public_html/j25/plugins/kunena/joomla/access.php on line 179

This is what line 176-181 look like in access.php
Code:
176 public function getAuthoriseActions(KunenaForumCategory $category, $userid) { 177 $groups = (array) JAccess::getGroupsByUser($userid, true); 178 $post = array_intersect($groups, $category->params->get('access_post', array(2,6,8))); 179 $reply = array_intersect($groups, $category->params->get('access_reply', array(2,6,8))); 180 return array ('topic.create'=>!empty($post), 'topic.reply'=>!empty($reply), 'topic.post.reply'=>!empty($reply)); 181 }

Any ideas what I missed?

Edit:
OK, I guess it has to do with what you said about changing category permissions but I'm not sure what you mean by that. I checked all access levels in Category Manager and they're all set correctly. What am I missing?

Edit 2:
OK, I guess it just means you have to reapply every single one for a good measure because that's what I did and it's gone now.
Last edit: 10 years 11 months ago by dzikson.

More
10 years 11 months ago #4 by Matias
Did you solve your issue? I'm not sure from your reply.

More
10 years 10 months ago #5 by Yiannistaos
Hello Guys,

Edit the file: plugins/kunena/joomla/access.php
Find the Lines: 177-184

Edit the code like the below:
Code:
public function getAuthoriseActions(KunenaForumCategory $category, $userid) { $groups = (array) JAccess::getGroupsByUser($userid, true); //$post = array_intersect($groups, $category->params->get('access_post', array(2,6,8))); $post = array_intersect($groups, explode('|',$category->params->get('access_post')), array(2,6,8)); //yiannistaos //$reply = array_intersect($groups, $category->params->get('access_reply', array(2,6,8))); $reply = array_intersect($groups, explode('|',$category->params->get('access_reply')), array(2,6,8)); //yiannistaos return array ('topic.create'=>!empty($post), 'topic.reply'=>!empty($reply), 'topic.post.reply'=>!empty($reply)); }

..let me know about the result, please ;)

Thank you.

More
10 years 10 months ago #6 by xillibit

Yiannistaos wrote: Hello Guys,

Edit the file: plugins/kunena/joomla/access.php
Find the Lines: 177-184

Edit the code like the below:

Code:
public function getAuthoriseActions(KunenaForumCategory $category, $userid) { $groups = (array) JAccess::getGroupsByUser($userid, true); //$post = array_intersect($groups, $category->params->get('access_post', array(2,6,8))); $post = array_intersect($groups, explode('|',$category->params->get('access_post')), array(2,6,8)); //yiannistaos //$reply = array_intersect($groups, $category->params->get('access_reply', array(2,6,8))); $reply = array_intersect($groups, explode('|',$category->params->get('access_reply')), array(2,6,8)); //yiannistaos return array ('topic.create'=>!empty($post), 'topic.reply'=>!empty($reply), 'topic.post.reply'=>!empty($reply)); }

..let me know about the result, please ;)

Thank you.

Hello,

What that fix ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.389 seconds