Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Question 2.0.3 to 2.0.4 upgrade error

More
11 years 1 month ago #1 by davesage
Hi,

Like others, I have upgraded from 2.0.3 to 2.0.4 and had some issues. The upgrade progressed completely normally but I have no admin menu and all kunena front-end menu items show 'Component 'com_kunena' does not exist'

tried re-installing, checking permissions etc. etc.

Can't find anything wrong in the upgrade process but the menus just aren't there.

My board works ok on the front-end apart from the missing menu items?

Any help would be appreciated,

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Dave, and welcome to our forum.

If you cannot post your configuration report, because the Kunena component cannot be seen on your administrator panel, can you please give us some information about your website?

In particular, we would need to know what version of Joomla you are using. It may also help to know whether your website meets the minimum technical requirements to run K 2.0.4. Any further information that you can provide will be greatly appreciated and will help us to help you better.

Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: davesage

More
11 years 1 month ago #3 by davesage
Thanks for the welcome!

I can get to the report as the control panel link still works, I've copied it below for you.

My site certainly meets the minimum requirements and it was running 2.0.3 happily before the upgrade, I wasn't expecting any major changes in this point release.

Cheers,

Dave

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 4M

Kunena menu details:

Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : geoforaging_8 | author: Dave Sage | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2012-02-16

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle 2.0 | author: Kunena Team | version: 2.0.4 | creationdate: 2013-01-18

Kunena version detailed: Kunena 2.0.4 | 2013-01-18 [ Pharmacopoeia ]
| Kunena detailed configuration:

| Kunena integration settings:
| Joomla! detailed language files installed:

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.6.2

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: None

Modules: None

More
11 years 1 month ago #4 by modernmagic
If you go into your forum menu and reselect the Menu Item Type then they should start working again.

We focus on creating, managing and optimizing Joomla websites so you can focus on your own business
modernmagic.com

More
11 years 1 month ago #5 by davesage
Hi,

Thanks for the help, I thought I'd already tried that with no success but I've just tried again and this has indeed fixed the Forum front-end menu items.

Thanks!

How do I fix the administrator menu items, there is no item or sub-items showing in the Component menu? The only way of getting to the control panel is to use the Quick Icon.

Cheers,

Dave

More
11 years 1 month ago #6 by modernmagic
In my case I reinstalled kunena.

Just a reminder, to always use Akeeba Backup first.

We focus on creating, managing and optimizing Joomla websites so you can focus on your own business
modernmagic.com

More
11 years 1 month ago #7 by davesage
Tried a re-install over the top and no joy - strange as it all goes through ok just no admin menus created.

Have backups in case but the missing admin menus seem like something that should be easily fixable.

Cheers again,

Dave

More
11 years 1 month ago #8 by modernmagic
After reinstalling kunena, I had to once again reselect the Menu Item Type for each menu item.

modernmagic.com

More
11 years 1 month ago #9 by davesage
Sorry, I think I'm missing something, I did that to re-create the FRONT-END menu ok, I mean the ADMIN menu in the BACK-END, there is no menu manager for the back-end, I've looked in sql and there are no references to Kunena in the menu table for the admin menu?

Cheers,

Dave

More
11 years 1 month ago #10 by modernmagic
Do you have a Kunena Menu in the Menu Manager? This should have been created when Kunena was installed.

see screenshot. I have changed the names of the menu items.

modernmagic.com
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.408 seconds