Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Bug Category access lost after upgrade

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #1 by totvos
Hello,

I am doing a multi-pronged update of my site, which is currently running J1.5, JomSocial 2.4.2, and K1.7.1. I am upgrading all components, and taking Kunena right to 2.0.x. On my new site, I imported my K1.7.1 tables, then installed K2.0.4. It correctly recognized an upgrade is in order, and proceeded without errors. However now, my categories have an access that is either "Nobody" or "Only Nobody".

Previously, my 1.7.1 categories were all "Public"...I did not use JomSocial group control for the forum. Also, non-registered users were allow to view, but not post.

When I look at a migrated category, the Access Control Type is "User Groups" (correct) but the primary user group is not selected (wrong). I could go and change each category one-by-one, but I have 196 of them! Is there some upgrade step I missed?

ETA: I just tried migrating to 1.7.2 using the same procedure and the category access is also "Nobody". So this is a Joomla 2.5 thing?
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by totvos. Reason: Changed topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

I'am remember of this king of issue in the past but i thought that this was fixed and Kunena 2.0 hasn't batch function to change permissions on multiples categories in same time.
So, you can run a query in database to change the permissions on all your cateogries in same time.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
11 years 2 months ago #3 by yuzef
I dont know if your problems like this thread - read this - too.
I Post my solution there that was working for me.

Love Simplicty
read...... and learn........

My Joomla Test Site

More
11 years 2 months ago #4 by totvos
So then, this is a known issue and the only solution is to do SQL update to change the category columns? Can someone from Kunena weigh in on this? I am ok with doing SQL, but given how slick the usual Kunena upgrade process is I find it a little hard to believe there is such a glaring bug.

More
11 years 1 month ago #5 by BenSwartz
Rather than SQL..Is there any other alternative method for it? I wonder there are many relational queries found to be fired favorably..

More
11 years 1 month ago #6 by xillibit
Except to change the right category by category there are no others way than make a query to change all the right in same time.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Time to create page: 0.385 seconds