Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Question "Cannot create directory"

More
11 years 5 months ago #1 by bsbjany
Hello ... I uninstalled Kunena, and I deleted the tables concerning Kunena of my database, as well as the corresponding folders in my ftp, now I want to reinstall, and I get something like supporting the BD and something, and finally tells me everything has been successfully backed up and shows me an error in the following photo attached .... I need help!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic "Cannot create directory"
My Spanish is not very good but it looks like you are getting the message "cannot create directory". We have discussed similar problems like these before. See K 1.7 → K 2.0 upgrade fails with "cannot create directory" message .

Does this help?

More
11 years 5 months ago #3 by bsbjany
Replied by bsbjany on topic "Cannot create directory"
Hi!! Don´t worried, my english is no so good too, well i have the same problem, the other topic it doesn´t works for me!!! I don´k know what else to do!!!

More
11 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
There are many reasons why you may get the message "Cannot create directory". The most common reason is because you have different permissions on your site folders. There are several ways you can solve this problem but it depends on how much time you want to spend on solving this problem.

You could, for example, search this forum for topics that have the words "cannot create directory" in them and look at the advice that we have given in the past. You could, however, save yourself all this trouble and start again, build your website from the beginning. It all depends on how much time you want to spend trying to patch things up.

More
11 years 5 months ago #5 by bsbjany
Well, y tried to UNINSTALL because when i install Kunena, I have some problem that I thought if i uninstall Kunena and install again it will solved but it doesn´t works rigth now.

More
11 years 5 months ago #6 by sozzled

bsbjany wrote: I uninstalled Kunena, and I deleted the tables concerning Kunena of my database, as well as the corresponding folders in my ftp, now I want to reinstall, and I get something like supporting the BD

The image you showed us relates to an error relating to "Cannot create directory" (in Spanish). I do not know what you mean by "something supporting the BD". Could you please tell us the exact message about this "BD" thing? A screenshot of the message would help.

bsbjany wrote: I tried to uninstall because, when I install Kunena, I have some problem ...

I assume you are still talking about the problem being able to create a directory, yes? Or are you talking about the "BD" problem?

In my earlier reply to you I gave your a list of other topics that relate questions about "cannot create directory". The most common reason that you cannot create a directory is because you have unusual or different permissions on your site folders and/or files. Have you read Securing Kunena ?

More
11 years 5 months ago #7 by bsbjany
Here u have all my error messages!!! Thanks!!! Initially my problems was apply a template for Kunena, i installed without problems, but the FORUM always opened in the content area, even when i asigned other template, so I thought that is will be solve if i UNINSTALL Kunena, BIG MISTAKE rigth, but i didn´t know that!!! Latter i fixed that problem testing in my local sever, but it was to late. So now.. i´m trying to install KUNENA AGAIN and i have this problem!!! Thanks a lot for your time!!!
Attachments:

More
11 years 5 months ago #8 by sozzled
Uninstalling Kunena should be a fairly straightforward procedure that involves no more than using the standard Joomla Manage Extensions feature. For added "benefit" you could drop your Kunena tables from the database (if you felt so inclined to do so) but this is not really necessary. It would appear, from what you've written, that you had a problem in the first instance when you tried to install Kunena and now your site is not co-operating nicely when you are trying to install K 2.0.2 again.

There are a few things you can try:

(1) Revert to the backup of your site that you made before your first attempt to install Kunena failed, and review the information in K 2.0 Installation Guide

(2) Ensure that all your folders and files in your site are given the same permissions throughout. This means that all folders should be set with CHMOD=755 and all files should be set with CHMOD=644 (as recommended in Securing Kunena - these recommendations are based on Joomla's recommendations) and that all folders and files are owned by the same user as the root folder.

(3) bsbjany wrote:

... but the forum always opened in the content area

Kunena is a Joomla component and therefore it should open in the area reserved in your Joomla template for a component. I do not understand what you mean by the forum opening in the "content area". Where else did you want it to open?

(4) We do not know anything else about your website. We could go on discussing ways to patch this problem or you could save yourself a lot of time by starting again. It all depends on how much time you have already spent on building your website. It takes less than one hour to create a Joomla website from scratch, install Kunena and have it working without making a single change to it, as long as there are no other issues involving things like folder or file permissions or other factors that are caused by your hosted environment.

You have still not answered my question about what you meant in msg #1 by "something like supporting the BD". It may help to know what this "something" is that you mentioned.

We can continue to explore other ideas and suggestions for as long as you have the time to discuss them. On the other hand (and depending on how quickly you want these matters resolved) you could try (a) restoring your site from the last known good backup that you took before you began having problems, (b) starting all over again, or (c) consider obtaining professional help, at your own cost, to assist you.

I hope this helps. You have some important decisions to make: Which comes first? Everything else on your site ... or the forum?

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #9 by Mortti
Replied by Mortti on topic "Cannot create directory"

you could arrange a selection of images saved on your computer by developing directories with significant titles.You can make a listing or listing in Windows XP anywhere on your pc's disk drive, but it is common to make directories in the My Documents listing so that it is memorable where they are.Thanks a lot!!

Any Windows versions that i Know not hide... also mac and other likes linux are welcome. Only one version to all...
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Mortti.

Time to create page: 0.516 seconds