Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

K 2.0 support will cease on 31 August 2013 and this section of the forum will be closed and archived after that time and no further questions will be answered about this version.

Question Registering a specific group

More
10 years 7 months ago #1 by ivanalaman
Good morning!

You can register only one specific group to participate in the forum?

Thank's!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #2 by Jiminimonka
Please refer to the Documentation for details of the features of Kunena.

Kunena uses Joomla ACL to control who can view which groups. If you understand Joomla ACL, you will have no issue with making specific groups view your forum, or different parts of your forum.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3 by ivanalaman
I do not think you understand my problem!!!!!

People can view the forum, but I want that only some people are allowed to post there. For example, I created this forum to ask questions of students to a particular discipline. Hence, only students enrolled in the course can post in the forum. But, I want to register students to able post in the forum! Is this possible?????????

More
10 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
G'day, ivanalaman, and welcome to Kunena.

I am not sure that I understand your problem, no.

Yes, it's possible to restrict the ability of your forum users, to be able to let some of your users view what is posted on your forum but not be able to create new topics or reply to existing topics while, also, allowing other users of your forum who can view topics, create new topics, or reply to existing topics. This is done using the Kunena Category Manager.

The subject of this topic is "Registering a specific group" and I do not understand what your question about "user registration" has to do with Kunena,

ivanalaman wrote: I want to register students to able post in the forum! Is this possible?

Yes, you (as the site administrator) can register any user account that you like; you (as the site administrator) can assign to your user accounts with all manner of ACL rights that you like. You can assign, to any forum category, which ACL groups can view, create new topics or reply to existing topics, that you like.

In effect, the short answer to your original question is yes. :)

More
10 years 7 months ago #5 by Jiminimonka
Yes, you can. Like I said, go into Kunena Category Manager and have a look.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

Time to create page: 0.400 seconds