Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

Question Fatal Error Detected

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #1 by GigaOrion
So I tried updating Kunena to 2.0 but found out that my Joomla version is too old, so I decided to just stick with 1.7 since I don't want to update Joomla. It gave me errors but I just assumed it didn't install. Well, I think it messed up my current Kunena version because I can no longer access the administration panel. I get this error:
Fatal Error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/content/r/o/b/robo1279/html/administrator/components/com_kunena/install/version.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in components/com_kunena/admin.kunena.php on line 46

I don't know if I should uninstall Kunena and reinstall it. I won't lose any posts because right now there aren't any posts on the forum. But I would still like to know if I could fix this without doing that so that I could avoid having to change my settings again (I had to do a lot of stuff to get it how I like). Also, the front end part of the forums works perfectly fine, it's just the admin panel.

I'm aware of the "if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena" up above. I just can't use 2.0.

And sorry if I put this in the wrong section. I wasn't sure if it should go in 1.7 or 2.0.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by GigaOrion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Fatal Error Detected

GigaOrion wrote: So I tried updating Kunena to 2.0 but found out that my Joomla version is too old, so I decided to just stick with 1.7 since I don't want to update Joomla.

How did you go about "downgrading" from K 2.0 to K 1.7? That's the key to answering this question.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.328 seconds