Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

Solved [Solved] 500 errors with date stamp in url?

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #1 by yaksushi
I've run a report on SEOMOZ and found many 500 errors for Kunena with what looks like a date stamp in the url.
Example:
Code:
http://www.yakangler.com/2012-02-06-14-27-13/20-water-cooler/13027-keep-live-bait-alive http://www.yakangler.com/2012-02-06-14-27-13/20-water-cooler/13713-making-the-transition http://www.yakangler.com/2012-02-06-14-27-13/20-water-cooler/158-malibu-stealth-14

There are a ton of these. Anyone have any ideas what is causing this? Thanks
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by yaksushi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
I don't know. What is SEOMOZ?

Do you get any other information with the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error message?

More
11 years 9 months ago #3 by beemerrider
Check your menu aliases. If for some reason Joomla or you did not generate a menu alias, sometimes Joomla will insert the date as the menu alias. That's the only time I've seen dates in the URL's.

More
11 years 9 months ago #4 by yaksushi

sozzled wrote: I don't know. What is SEOMOZ?

www.seomoz.org/

sozzled wrote: Do you get any other information with the HTTP 500 Internal Server Error message?

This is all there was, and the server log only shows the last 300 errors
Code:
Title 500 : Error Meta Description Traceback (most recent call last): File "build/bdist.linux-x86_64/egg/downpour/__init__.py", line 391, in _error failure.raiseException() File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/twisted/python/failure.py", line 370, in raiseException raise self.type, self.value, self.tb Error: 500 Internal Server Error Meta Robots Not present/empty Meta Refresh Not present/empty

beemerrider wrote: Check your menu aliases. If for some reason Joomla or you did not generate a menu alias, sometimes Joomla will insert the date as the menu alias. That's the only time I've seen dates in the URL's.

A menu alias for the forum, could you explain what you mean a little more?

More
11 years 9 months ago #5 by sozzled
I have no knowledge of SEOMOZ and I don't know what it does.

I do not understand why you are running Python scripts on your Joomla website. Joomla (and Kunena) use PHP.

For information about menu aliases, please go to the Joomla forum. Please also read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in our Wiki. Menu alias names must be unique in Joomla. However, you can have alias menus (which are a different thing). Confusing? Yes, we know and understand.

Joomla menus are one of the most difficult things to get exactly right.

More
11 years 9 months ago #6 by yaksushi
So after working with my web host's support it sounds like the actual seomoz bot that crawled my site to do the report caused the CPU to go over 25% causing the 500 errors.

More
11 years 9 months ago #7 by Matias
I see only 404 errors.

If you see urls having a date, you should probably take a look into your menu module if it supports menu aliases. Because of menu aliases don't have "alias" -- instead of that they point into another menu item.

But it looks like your issue has been fixed already.

More
11 years 9 months ago #8 by yaksushi
Yes I removed the original kunena menu item "alias" on the main menu and recreated it. That seemed to solve the issue.

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds