Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

The error code HTTP 500 Internal Server Error is a general-purpose message this indicates a general error in a web application. Please note that there is no general solution for this general error. You should first read HTTP 500 Internal Server Error before posting in this category.

Merged [Merged topic] Fatal Error: Cannot use object of type stdClass as array in plugins/user/profile/profile.php

More
12 years 6 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #1 by LightYarn
Hello everybody

Every time a user tries to edit his profile, the server shows up a 500-Internal-Server-Error. No matter which part you edit. If you hit "save" the error appears.

The full error message is:

500 Internal Server Error. Fatal Error was detected!

Fatal Error: Cannot use object of type stdClass as array in plugins/user/profile/profile.php on line 265

The error was detected in the User - Profile Plugin.

I am using Joomla 1.7 and Kunena 1.7

Greetings and thank you for your help
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Never seen before this kind of error message, are-you using default template for Kunena and Joomla! ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #3 by LightYarn
I am using Kunena with the default template yes, but my Joomla-page has a default one. The URL is www.rdy2play.de if this helps...

Moreover I am using K2, but with a disabled "K2 User Plugin" so actually the users are administrated trough the standard Joomla User System.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by LightYarn.

More
12 years 6 months ago #4 by xillibit
So is it working now?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 6 months ago #5 by LightYarn
Uuuh no, actually i didn't change anything. I disabled the K2 User-Plugin before I installed Kunena (it threw some errors before, so i changed back to the joomla-user-system)

The error message is pointing to the standard "profile.php"

Fatal Error: Cannot use object of type stdClass as array in plugins/user/profile/profile.php on line 265

If the error would be caused by K2 the path would be something like "plugins/user/k2". I cant really see whats the Problem with line 265.
Code:
//Sanitize the date if (!empty($data['profile']['dob'])) { $date = new JDate($data['profile']['dob']); $data['profile']['dob'] = $date->toFormat('%Y-%m-%d'); }

More
12 years 6 months ago #6 by LightYarn
I don't want to doubble-post but I found something like a "workaround" for this problem, which might be come in handy for people with the same issues. Its no fix, I know, but editing a profile is now working properly.

Line 265 in the profile.php contains a function which "sanitizes" the a date format. I just commented this function out. Formatting a date is much less important than editing your user profile in Kunena....at least for me. Moreover all user services and functions from joomla AND K2 are working properly too.

Seems to work now, even if this "fix" is just a cheap solution.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #7 by rjdevries
I have the same error. I also use K2 and I have Kunena 1.7.1. It's a new install of Kunena. When I save my profile in the fronend I get this error.

I really hope that this (I think a bug) will be fixed soon because I want to use Kunena for this site.

Or do I need to report this error on the K2 forum?
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by rjdevries.

More
12 years 4 months ago #8 by sozzled
The User - Profile Plugin plugin is not a Kunena plugin; it is a J! 1.6/1.7 plugin that is disabled by default. What happens if you disable this plugin?

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #9 by rjdevries
I don't need that plug-in so I disabled it. And that solved the problem for me. Thanks!
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by rjdevries.

More
12 years 4 months ago #10 by Matias
This bug seems to relate to K2 -- I have the plugin enabled in Joomla 1.7.3 and its fully working for me. Saving Kunena profile works well (but it doesn't have the fields from this plugin...)

Time to create page: 0.380 seconds