Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This is not a support forum for any of the products contained herein. For product support you should visit the developer's website.

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use various third-party products with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of other Joomla extensions.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Merged Private Message / Private Messaging / PM extensions for Kunena

More
12 years 1 month ago #21 by Billhur
I am suprised there is no private message system set up within the Kunena board or I am missing where it is located. Am i correct in my assumption there is no PM system in place?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #22 by sozzled
This is not a support question because there is no PMS in Kunena and therefore there is nothing to support.

This is a commonly asked question. See [Merged topic] Best PM component that works with Kunena .

I have, on more than one occasion, drawn your attention the Guide to posting questions when asking for support that is clearly printed on the Index page of this forum which sets out the conditions under which questions should be framed when people require support for an existing feature of Kunena.

I believe that the Guide to posting questions when asking for support properly asks people to assist us (and themselves) by making an attempt to search the forum for information that may help.

Your assumption that there is there is no provision for PMs is incorrect. Kunena provides for a number of PM systems to be used with the forum as [Merged topic] Best PM component that works with Kunena demonstrates.

We take the matter of questions posted in the Support category very seriously. This is a category where issues of substance need to be resolved. This is a category where serious problems, identified by members of the community, need to be resolved so that other members of the community can have confidence that Kunena is a reliable, robust and durable platform on which they can deploy web-based discussions on their sites. But, as the Guide to posting questions when asking for support also states, this is not a category for asking "how to" questions or for expressing surprise or concern about what might be missing simply because certain features were not developed by the Kunena project team. We have other categories, more appropriate categories, for you to do that.

People may be surprised - they may even be disappointed - that there is no Kunena-brand PMS. That's a matter of personal opinion. Matters of support, however, are not matters of personal opinion.

I also to take this opportunity to inform the community about what the Kunena project stands for. There is no company behind Kunena; everyone who contributes to Kunena is a hobbyist, enthusiast or professional web developer who gives their time freely to this project - volunteers every one of us. Our hope is to make Kunena the most reliable, scalable, durable and robust forum component for Joomla that we can make it and to give people the best solution to meeting their forum needs. The forum is a self-help community-driven resource for users to help one another. Our job, in moderating the forum, is not necessarily to answer every question but, rather, to point people in the right direction where they can find the answers.

While we cheerfully welcome questions or commentary about Kunena we must also say that there are proper ways to go about obtaining information. There are, in my opinion, many resources on this site - in this forum and on the Wiki - that are provided free of charge for members of the community to help themselves to. Please use them.
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 month ago #23 by GoremanX

Billhur wrote: I am suprised there is no private message system set up within the Kunena board or I am missing where it is located. Am i correct in my assumption there is no PM system in place?

Yes, you're correct. There is no built-in PM system. Kunena takes advantage of the fact that there are already other excellent PM extensions for Joomla. Instead of the devs wasting resources on creating functionality that already exists elsewhere, you're given the option to use the PM system of your choice. Kunena can integrate directly with uddeIM or JomSocial's PM system, or with whatever PM system that Community Builder supports (through Community Builder itself).

THE place to discuss photography!
www.friendlyphotozone.com

More
12 years 1 month ago #24 by jeyjey
Yes, me too. Kunena is very beautifull, but too mutch raw for now. It is too early. I solved with uddeim. Visit my site www.alleanzadellasalute.info

More
12 years 1 month ago #25 by sozzled

More
11 years 4 months ago #26 by gio
Hi !
I figure out on my test forum, that it is not possible to sent private messages between the users.
Is there a way to enable it? ( To enable private messages )

just in case...
the forum is on: www[dot]ruby-forum[dot]gr

thanx for the Help in advance!!!

More
11 years 4 months ago #27 by ScotMk
Hi, the forum does not have a PM system , you have to use a joomla one, Uddle private message plugin works with kunena and integrates to it.

More
11 years 4 months ago #28 by sozzled
*** Topic merged ***

This topic contains many useful suggestions on third-party PM systems that will work with K 2.0. Additionally, the topic What do I need to do to get private messages working on my forum? , even though it was written in connection with K 1.6 and K 1.7, also has a lot of useful information for you.

More
11 years 12 hours ago #29 by QuakeLive
Replied by QuakeLive on topic Private messaging?
Hi,

Is it possible (and how) to have private messaging on Kunena forums?

Thanks in advance!

More
11 years 7 hours ago #30 by sozzled
*** Topics merged ***

This topic has a couple of useful suggestions for you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: QuakeLive

Time to create page: 0.669 seconds