Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Merged Please help me understand the GPL for Kunena ... (and removing the "Powered by Kunena" link)

More
13 years 6 months ago #11 by sozzled
Kunena forum software is copyright protected, licensed and distributed to you under the GNU GPL . The licence does not prohibit the removal of the visible copyright. In layman's terms the visible copyright is the same as the "powered by" link. The software is released with no warranty and no guaranteed or implied support. Users do nothing illegal by removing the copyright; we simply request that they do not.

There are deeper issues involved in what constitutes a legal breach of the GPL but this is not the appropriate forum for those kinds of discussions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lafanter, whawz
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 4 months ago #12 by ivo.apostolov
Well, the GPL covers the removal of the headers of the files.
Not the code itself. The link is in the code, so anyone is free to remove it (if he/she can).

My suggestion to Kunena Team is to proceed as phpBB does. Anyone who removes the copyright has the right to do it.
However he/she is not eligible for support in the forum.
More
13 years 4 months ago #13 by severdia
It's quite simple. If you remove the headers in the files, you are removing attribution and thereby violating the GPL.

Author of Using Joomla from O'Reilly Media. | www.usingjoomlabook.com
More
12 years 9 months ago #14 by whawz
hi,

i am new here..
i hope someone would like to help me answer this question :)
More
12 years 6 months ago #15 by makenoiz
Is there a commercial version I can purchase in order to remove the text and not have anyone mad at me? :evil:
More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #16 by severdia

makenoiz wrote: Is there a commercial version I can purchase in order to remove the text and not have anyone mad at me? :evil:

What text do you want to remove? You can remove/change whatever you want but you have to leave the copyright notice in the code. There is no commercial version of Kunena.

Author of Using Joomla from O'Reilly Media. | www.usingjoomlabook.com
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by severdia.
More
12 years 6 months ago #17 by magellan
oooh,

apologize for refreshing topic. Is not mine... apologize*2

So there is no possibility to legally remove bottom copyright text from the forum frontend?

It is very bad news for me. May, within one week appeared in the commercial version of such inscriptions can be removed?

regards
More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #18 by John

Kunena forum software is copyright protected, licensed and distributed to you under the GNU GPL. The licence does not prohibit the removal of the visible copyright. In layman's terms the visible copyright is the same as the "powered by" link. The software is released with no warranty and no guaranteed or implied support. Users do nothing illegal by removing the copyright; we simply request that they do not.

What support do you want....all questions are answered in this thread... :dry:

You expect the devs to help you remove the link for you? Well....they wont! Kunena is a free component, only thing they want is to be credited with a link in the code to protect their rights and they ask you not to remove the visible link. You are allowed to remove the visible link but are asked not to do so. Don't ask the devvs to do something they just asked you to do not.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by John.
More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #19 by magellan

You are allowed to remove the visible link but are asked not to do so.

So am I, but the developers dont wan't it ?

What will be the situation when I will donate?

How I can remove this link? Is there any option in configuration? I can't find it...
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by magellan.
More
12 years 1 month ago #20 by bashirnoori
Dear Sir,
Should i use this component to my site without Powered by Kunena at the footer of my website ?
Please let me know.
thanks

Bashir Noori
bashirnoori.com
Time to create page: 0.413 seconds