Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Question Crypsis too hard to read and navigate,

More
7 years 8 months ago #21 by 810
for the portrait view you need to reload the page, because the js is looking at the size. then I will hide, and show the menu. If you reload the page, you should see a correct working menu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #22 by jhebbel

810 wrote: for the portrait view you need to reload the page, because the js is looking at the size. then I will hide, and show the menu. If you reload the page, you should see a correct working menu.

Perhaps using bootstrap responsive classes would be better than JS, or at the least hook the window resize event to fix the layout on orientation change. User mandated refresh is a bit counterintuitive as when browsing from my table I myself on occasion switch orientation depending on what I am looking at or how I am sitting.

Also, I have noticed a bit of an improvement in the white/dead space usage on your forum, but there is still a bit of an option where things seem to run together, the user section of posts seems to be out of line with the post itself.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by jhebbel.

More
7 years 8 months ago #23 by peter54
prior there was option to blend kunena with joomla template
this possibility still exist ?
thanks for help

More
7 years 8 months ago #24 by 810
With bootstrap based templates, they are all blended already, but if you haven't got bootstrap joomla template. then you need to do it yourself.

More
7 years 2 days ago - 7 years 2 days ago #25 by ernst67
I see this topic was not posted in for 8 months.

But today I upgraded from Kunena 4.x to 5.0.7 and it scared the s.. out of me. How can this product go backwards such a major step?
I'm trying to find a demo site with the new crypsis template, but the only one I can find is this forum here, and that's broken with a zillion ads, so no idea what the template SHOULD look like.

There seems to be a way to get Blue Eagle back... for a charge. And Sozzeled is kicked. Really...? What the hell is going on here??

Edit:
The only thing I'd like to know..: Is there any template available that shows a menu on top, and people find understandable to navigate in?
This crypsis stuff is misnamed. It should be CRYPTIC! :S
Last edit: 7 years 2 days ago by ernst67.

More
7 years 2 days ago - 7 years 2 days ago #26 by WolfgangOWL

ernst67 wrote: The only thing I'd like to know..: Is there any template available that shows a menu on top, and people find understandable to navigate in?
This crypsis stuff is misnamed. It should be CRYPTIC! :S

The Crypsis template shows the menu on top and navigating is as understandable as with Blue Eagle. I like the Crypsis template much better than Blue Eagle. Our forum members had no problems at all when I updated to Kunena 5 with Crypsis.

If you want to see a 'demo site' you may have a look at our forum: www.scrollsawprojects.net/forum
Last edit: 7 years 2 days ago by WolfgangOWL.

More
7 years 2 days ago #27 by ernst67
Thanks Wolfgang for your quick reply.

This is something totally different than the Kunena site is showing. (Mostly because of all of the ads I guess)
Also, on my site I don't get any decent top menu and the searchfields and date selection field are displayed over each other.

The Recent Topic view on your site looks ok, but the threat view is a mess.

I will wait until more templates become available. Like 95% of all Kunena users I'm a volunteer running a forum. Not a developer.

Thanks again

More
7 years 2 days ago - 7 years 2 days ago #28 by WolfgangOWL

ernst67 wrote: The Recent Topic view on your site looks ok, but the threat view is a mess.

If you think that the thread view is 'messy' then vBulletin and other forums are messy, too.
Last edit: 7 years 2 days ago by WolfgangOWL.

More
7 years 2 days ago #29 by ernst67
Well, Wolfgang,

I prefer to compare Kunena to Kunena, and If I see the previous clean and easy-to-navigate product:

compared to the new version, I can only draw one conclusion: this is a mess.

I can't even make a screenshot of the new version, one post takes a full page. Profiles can not be set left of the postings (whatever setting I use). The top menu is lost. Ah well, too much hassle.

Simple question would be if this move is forward or backward. My simple answer....: Backward :(

Maybe my gantry template is breaking the whole thing up, but I prefer to wait 4 versions until Kunena's got it right again.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds