Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is for general discussion about the Kunena Project or this website.

Please use other categories for questions about problems that you may be having with your website.

Question Kunena Project Feedback

More
8 years 3 months ago #1 by ShockPuppet
Hi guys.

Been using kunena for about a year now. It's invaluable, couldn't do without it.

It's easy to set up. Easy to maintain. Users of all ages use it without issue. We are using kunena with uddepm and it's great. In terms of other social content on our site, we have live chat and acymailing too. All of that other stuff doesn't mean much without kunena.

Can see the huge scope of the kunena Project, much respect to you all.

My site is still on K4.0.5... The updates for the 4 series came quite fast. I do a tiny bit of custom coding that gets wiped out with an update. So that's why. Really just hanging tight until k5.0 comes out and will go full vanilla template, crypsis. You guys did good work there.

I've seen a lot of posts regarding documentation. Yes it's important, to a degree. Imo if kunena were a tiny bit more intuitive there would be less need for docs. I mean, the whole category icon confusion thing for example. No one knows what that setting means, isn't clear. Personally I'd prefer more time spent on pushing the project forward than writing docs 99 percent of users won't read. Come round to them when you can, or find some good folk here in the community to help out. People do enjoy it. We have a small team of doc writers on my site now. Frees us up.

Anyway guys, I'm a fan, keep up the great work, kunena is amazing.

All the best, Shock

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #2 by 810
Replied by 810 on topic Kunena Project Feedback
Hi Shock,

Thank you for the kind words.

We are working on new website, also we rewrite the docs. We are moving to new docs system build on grav cms.

There is a lot off work todo. We can't do it all before the new year, kunena is a small team, with just 2 devs for the coding. I will write a new blog post soon, that we are moving the server and the delay for K5.0, because J3.5 is also delayed for 2 months, Feb 2016.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by 810.

More
6 years 11 months ago #3 by saraedward
Replied by saraedward on topic Kunena Project Feedback
best forum plateform

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds