Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Merged List of Kunena Features

More
14 years 7 months ago #1 by SHoggard
Hi we're still evaluating which forum to use on our site.

A simple page that gives a check-list of what Kunena will do would save people a whole lot of time hunting for answers to questions like 'Will Kunena do this...?"
I'm sure the info is here & there - in the forums on the wiki etc but you have a lot of wasted space on the front page devoted to "Kunena— A Powerful Forum with a New Direction " - from a 'selling/promotional' perspective everything including & after "Many fixes and new features, which had been planned for past releases but never implemented, have been added...." is wasted space, I don't think too many people are interested in that, they want to know - What does it do? How is it different form others (ie Agora). Is it for me & should I spend time with it?

I'm thinking of:
    Link Forums to Joomla Section/Categories - Yes/No
    New Article comment/Discuss opens new forum thread - Yes/No
    Customise Profile fields - Yes/No (we're working on it!)
    Allow users to select topics ot 'follow'Yes/No
    e-mal updates of 'followed' topics Yes/No
    etc ...
Those are just off-the-top-of my head topics - I'm sure it would be a pretty impressive (and long) list.

If is does exist... I haven't found it

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #2 by gjr
Please check this link, a comparison table: installiert.de/table-forums-comparison.html

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #3 by Cerberus
Once k1.6 is released this will rapidly change, and the wonder of its features are truely shown to the public. IMHO

Kunena K1.5 may be lacking in features but it is still the most popular joomla forum component on JED

4 most popular forum components: ( stats taken from JED as of 05/07/2010 )

Kunena: Views 375445 Favoured 274
Joo!BB: Views 131204 Favoured 42
Agora: Views 310836 Favoured 206
CCboard: Views 152420 Favoured 102

EDIT: just checked the stats on your link more closely only to find they are wrong and features current in k1.5 and mark as a X when they are included.
please check if source of information is valid before posting lol
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Cerberus.

More
13 years 9 months ago #4 by DTP2
Agree, 1.5.12 already ROCKS! bigtime and 1.6 will blow the others away.

More
13 years 9 months ago #5 by Matias
It seems that Lintzy has missed some of our features in her chart. Anyway, Kunena 1.6 will add surprisingly many features into that list. I wasn't even aware of all of the new features before I checked the list. ;)

More
13 years 9 months ago #6 by sozzled
Interesting chart. Interesting both in an objective sense and in a subjective sense (for example "Feature exists, is integrated and is installed yet and has rich additions" ... whatever that means!).

My only conclusion is that the information is unreliable (as with 90% of what you find on the internet) but it is certainly useful and Lintzy deserves to be complimented for her hard work. I think it would be better to abstract her table and create a new one, here, at www.kunena.com that shows a comparison between K 1.5.12 and K 1.6.

Does anyone feel like making such a table? :)

More
13 years 9 months ago #7 by Matias
Actually the author contacted me and asked us to look at it. So let's make it more accurate. ;)

More
13 years 9 months ago #8 by fxstein

gjr wrote: Please check this link, a comparison table: installiert.de/table-forums-comparison.html

Somebody update this for Kunena 1.6 - its gonna look very different... ;-)

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

More
13 years 9 months ago - 13 years 9 months ago #9 by Lintzy
Someone pointed me to this thread.

Cerberus wrote: EDIT: just checked the stats on your link more closely only to find they are wrong and features current in k1.5 and mark as a X when they are included.

please check if source of information is valid before posting lol

Could you please be more precise and explain which features should be wrong?

Matias wrote: It seems that Lintzy has missed some of our features in her chart.

I am sorry, which features did I miss?

sozzled wrote: My only conclusion is that the information is unreliable

May be in your conclusion, but in real it is not unreliable! Everybody can explore the forums (all are installed) and have a look in front- and in backend. The comparison only lists features that every user can see and proove himself in frontend as well as in backend.

fxstein wrote: Somebody update this for Kunena 1.6 - its gonna look very different... ;-)

I only can explain that for the comparison on installiert.de . All free forums with at least RC state will become installed - no alpha or beta.

On the startpage of installiert.de is stated in german and english:

So, who discovers mistakes (in content or in my written text), should send me an e-mail,please, you'll find the contact details under "Impressum". The same, if there are missing features. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

But because perhaps 2 or 3 features of Kunena may be missing, to deduce whole comparison would be "unreliable" is distinctive and why I am not surprised about this?

@Devs, sorry if something is missing, I would be glad to correct the comparison table, if you let me know, what exactly is missing. Thanks.
Last edit: 13 years 9 months ago by Lintzy.

More
13 years 9 months ago #10 by fxstein
Lintzy,

Its all good. Great work as always!

Might get ready for a large Kunena 1.6 upgrade of that list. You will have some editing to do. ;-)

Here are a few new categories you don't have on that list like Joomla menu integration (all navigation controlled via Joomla menus), Joomla router integration (multiple separate sub forums on a single website), Joomla module integration, Minified CSS and JS for faster page loads, color coded categories, Joomla version support: 1.0, 1.5 & 1.6 (turns our there are still hundreds of thousands of Joomla 1.0 sites out there), community wiki, ...

The changelog for 1.6 is over 2,000 lines long. We will get you a compiled list of all the new features and functions.

Hope this helps!

We love stars on the Joomla Extension Directory . :-)

Time to create page: 0.552 seconds