Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question What is the correct (or official) pronunciation of Kunena?

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #1 by Privateer
Hi,

What is the correct (or official) pronunciation of the name "Kunena"?

Also, like Joomla, is Kunena the anglicised spelling of a Swahili word that means "To Speak"?

Thanks,
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Privateer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #2 by 810
Hi Privateer,

Yes, we use Swahili. Thats means "To Speak"

For pronunciation of the name "Kunena"? go to google translate. and use the speak function. First set to Swahili. Its like Ku- nena.

Regards 810
The following user(s) said Thank You: Privateer

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #3 by sozzled
Warning: Spoiler!
Some people say that the word "Kunena" should be pronounced with the stress on the first syllable (KOO-neh-na) while others say that the stress should fall on the second syllable koo-NAY-na. I have always said the word koo-NEE-na and I've probably always pronounced it incorrectly. I hear different pronunciations of "Kunena" all the time and it doesn't matter to me, really. It's just like I hear different pronunciations of English words - and with my Australian accent people often wonder whether we even speak English at all sometimes! :D

We do not have an "official" pronunciation - the pronunciation is not protected by trademark (only the name and the logo are trademarked). You can say the name however you feel most comfortable in saying it. Alternatively, you can do as 810 suggested and study the Swahili language ;)
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Privateer

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #4 by Privateer
Hi 810 and sozzled,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

I forgot about the speak function of Google translate. I think that it sound more like “Koo-nay-na” (with equal stress on the first and second syllables), so that’s how I’ll pronounce Kunena from now on.

For anybody else interested, you can hear Google translate speak "Kunena" here:

translate.google.co.uk/#sw/en/kunena

Many thanks,
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Privateer.

Time to create page: 0.467 seconds