Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Important Login forum error: password reset doesn't work

• horus68
  • horus68's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
11 years 1 day ago - 11 years 1 day ago #1 by horus68
There is an error when trying to login in your forum:
1- Login => email and password doesn't match :(
2- Reset password => link "Forgot your password?" => Doesn't work
(error message: "Failed to save user: Please enter a valid username".) :evil:
Strange: "Username"?!
Weel if I enter username instead of email... is considered an invalid email! :sick:
3- Username reminder => Link "Forgot your username?" Works ok, mail received! :whistle:
4- So... no email to contact, Facebook not updated for some months... and I had to create a new profile just to post this message!
(note: old username "horus_68" and email are already registered on forum!)

Please fix it!!
Last edit: 11 years 1 day ago by horus68.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 day ago - 11 years 1 day ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, horus68, and welcome to Kunena.

horus68 wrote: There is an error when trying to login in your forum:
1- Login => email and password doesn't match :(

You cannot login to this site using an email address. To login to this site you must use a valid username and a valid password. If you do not enter a valid combination of text on the login form, you will get the following message:

There is nothing in this error message that says "email and password doesn't match". So I don't really understand what you are referring to.

horus68 wrote: 2- Reset password => link "Forgot your password?" => Doesn't work

The " Forgot your password? " link works perfectly well to send an email to you with the details of your password. The " Forgot your password? " link is not a way for you to reset your password to something. The link is completely automatic and there is no message sent from you to the site administrators asking us to reset your password to something.

For the " Forgot your password? " facility to work properly, you need to enter a valid username. If you enter a username that does not exist on this site, you will get the message "Failed to save user: Please enter a valid username"

horus68 wrote: 3- Username reminder => Link "Forgot your username?" Works ok, mail received!

That's good to hear. :)

horus68 wrote: 4- So... no email to contact ...

What has this got to do with the problem? :unsure:

horus68 wrote: ... Facebook not updated for some months...

What has this got to do with the problem? :dry:

horus68 wrote: ... and I had to create a new profile just to post this message!
(note: old username "horus_68" and email are already registered on forum!)

I would like to make two observations here:
  1. You had no difficulty created the account horus68 at this website. You had no difficulty logging in to this website with the username horus68. Good! We are pleased that you are here. Thank you for joining this website and posting your first message on this forum.
  2. The account name "horus_68" was registered on 4-Apr-2010; the last time this account was used was the same day. "horus_68" has never posted a message on this forum in the 3 years since the account was created! In fact, "horus_68" has not logged into this site in the last 3 years! :whistle:

I spent the past 30 minutes looking into this situation for you and it seems like effort spent over a minor issue.

horus68 wrote: Please fix it!!

I do not see anything that needs to be fixed. I think it's important to remind everyone that it is Joomla, not Kunena, that is responsible for user account management, account registration and login.

Thank you for your observations but I think this matter can really be considered to be resolved. You can login and post messages using the account horus68 and we are happy for you to continue to use that account.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 1 day ago by sozzled.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.368 seconds