Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics contains old discussions (generally more than one year ago or based on circumstances that subsequently changed) or topics resolved in other ways. Topics moved into this category are closed from further discussion.

Question Kunena template section?

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #1 by ClydeTACH
Hi,

Sorry if I didn't post in the right section... I have a question:
Why can't I access the www.kunena.org/forum/111-User-written-Templates section?

I would like to see kunena templates but it tells me I have no rights to see the content in the user written template section. :(
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by ClydeTACH.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Kunena template section?
Thank you for your question.

At the risk of repeating what I have written before,

we closed the User-written templates category a while ago for a number of reasons.

The User-written templates category was originally conceived as a place where members of the community could exchange ideas, offer their own templating variants to the default Kunena ones, etc., however these objectives were complicated by several factors:
  • Many members of the community thought that these third-party templates were officially sanctioned or endorsed by the Kunena team;
  • Many people began to experience problems (or refused to update their sites) because those third-party templates failed, did not work, or their authors would not maintain them as new versions of Kunena emerged.
  • Many problems that people have reported in the forum are not caused by the "default" Kunena software but are caused by third-party add-ons (like templates) and these earned the Kunena team (as well as third-party developers) a poor reputation;
  • This forum has always been about users helping one another. It has always been the case that help has been given freely and voluntarily and the team derives no income from the work that we do here. As a small way of covering the costs of maintaining this website and of covering associated running expenses, we rely upon advertising. As more usage was made within the User-written templates category to promote various products that people had for sale, the category became an opportunity for some people to drive web-traffic to their site at the expense of those who pay for the advertising space that you see on this site;
  • In order to level the playing field, we took the difficult decision that it was in everyone's best interests to allow community members to avail themselves of what they can find through advertising on this site, in the JED and through internet search engines, generally-speaking.

As you can see, the decision to close the User-written templates category was not universally welcomed. As we also try to strengthen the reliability of information on this forum, our terms of use makes it quite clear that there is a line that needs to be drawn between the free exchange of ideas and what any reasonable person would interpret as unadorned advertising. We encourage advertising on this website as long as it conforms to what is fair or legitimate .

It is unfortunate that some topics on this forum refer to information contained in the now unavailable-to-you User-written templates category. But I am please that you asked your question and that you gave me the opportunity to explain why this happened. :)
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ClydeTACH

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.592 seconds