Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question K 1.6 sh404SEF stops Thank You, RSS feeds, PDF and message previews

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #1 by bully
Hi,

i have migrated my existing forum from fireboard to kunena 1.5.12, now I´ve updated to Kunena 1.6.0.
The new function "Thank you" would be a nice feature for our community, but ist doesn't work? I have set Thank You to "yes" in Kunena backend, its shown, but if someone clicks on thank you nothing happens, only the user is sent to the main page of my site.

Here is my report:
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 15 seconds | Max execution memory: 55M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0 | Build: 3620 | Version name: Spika | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.1)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Is it a must to install such components like CB to use the thank you - function, or whats going wrong?
Thank you for your ideas, and sorry for my english, i hope you can understand what i want to say.:laugh:

There is a second problem with the preview window in bbeditor, but i will start another topic for this problem.

Thx!
bully
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve the relevance in searching

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Thank you not working
G'day, bully, and welcome to Kunena.

Could you please provide us with a test account that we can use to test these problems you seem to be having? You can post the details here using the confidential tag, like so:
Code:
[confidential] Username: Password: [/confidential]
Only administrators and moderators can view information contained between the confidential tags.

Thanks

More
13 years 5 months ago #3 by bully
Replied by bully on topic Thank you not working
Hi sozzled,

thank you for yor reply! Here is the test account:

Would you also look for the preview-window writing topics? Nothing to see, only a empty area.
Thank you very much!
bully

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #4 by bully
Hi,

I think I have found the reason for this troubles - its sh404sef installed on my site, and so also rss-feeds and pdfs do not work, the rewriting is the problem I think.

I would uninstall sh404sef, but i've used it for many years, much sites are linking with this sef urls to our site, i think its not possible to uninstall, also internal links in threads and topics are using the sef urls.

Any suggestions what to do?

@sozzled: Because of many users who have reported about this problem, i have disabled thank you, pdf and rss in the moment. Only the problem with the preview window still exists. If you want to use the test account, please give me na announcement here to reactivate thank you and co.

Edit: I have posted in sh404sef forum too, and this was the answer
Code:
Hello, bully Currently those are added in our tracker and we will do all our efforts to include the fixes in our next release. Regards

I hope so, But what about the blank preview windows? Is this also a sh404-related problem?

Thx
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by bully. Reason: New information

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 4 months ago #5 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Thank you not working
Over the eighteen-plus months that I've been a member at Kunena.com (and I visit this site nearly every day) I would say, without exaggeration, that I have seen over a thousand reports from users who have had problems with Kunena because of sh404SEF in one form or another. It entirely depends on your perspective: my websites are primarily geared around the forum component; other people have different ideas about what is important. Because of the almost everyday reports dealing with sh404SEF (among other so-called SEF-improvement software) I was prompted to ask the question [Merged topic] Kunena and SEO: Why would I need ANY third-party SEF plugin?

If sh404SEF is more important to you than everything else then you have to go with that belief. I strongly doubt that sh404SEF is "impossible to uninstall" but I can understand why, in your case, it may be undesirable to do so. However, based on my on observations, nearly all those who have asked for help on this forum have done something about sh404SEF to fix their Kunena problems. In nearly every case, people have uninstalled sh404SEF, found a way to disable sh404SEF for Kunena pages, or they've taken their problem to sh404SEF and found their answer there. One or two people have given up and uninstalled Kunena. C'est la vie.

Rather than approach your problem in a piecemeal fashion, by only looking at the preview function that's not working, why don't we try to resolve all of your problems? I suggest you direct your enquiries to sh404SEF and see what their response is to your problems. Thank you.
Last edit: 13 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 5 months ago #6 by bully
I agree with you. If I would start now, with Joonla 1.5 and kunena, i would never install sh404sef. But I started with Mambo in 2005, changed then to Joomla 1.0 until last week, because of comatibility reasons. My site is linked from many other sites with this old sef urls. When I`m analyzing Piwik, i see, that 90% of my visitors come from such sites. Here in Austria we are number one in google if users want to find anything about routers and dsl-related topics.

Thats the reason for using this component. What should i do? Uninstall it? And loose most of my visitors, because they can`t find me?

I wrote, that I posted the problems in the sh404-forum too. I really hope, that the next release will fix this troubles.

Thank you for your reply.
regards
bully

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Thank you not working
This is now going off-topic from the original question that had something to do with the Kunena thank you feature not working.

From my limited (15 year) working knowledge of the internet, I don't understand the perception that sh404SEF somehow directs traffic to a user's website. What directs traffic to most websites are the search engines like Google or other referral sites.

Let us say, for example, that you had a list in one of these sites that took the form

www.example.xxx/folder-1/component/function,1/0/72/page.html

And yeah, that's a really "ugly" looking URL isn't it? But you get 50,000 page hits per day and who cares, right? Then, along comes some magical "SEF URL maker" and you have the ability to change things to

www.example.xxx/folder-1/component/this-does-something.html

But something happens - something breaks - and you have good reason to be concerned about those 50,000 page hits per day going off into internet limbo. You can fix that by using URL redirection (don't ask me to give the details) but this is something that a professionally-skilled web developer should be able to do for you. You can also pay the search engine and referral sites money to get them to feature your site with any new URLs that you're now "forced" to use.

As I said, the discussion is now going off-topic. We're now talking about the value of sh404SEF to you. I accept that it's of value to you. I don't accept that it's the only option. I don't know, use or understand sh404SEF. I'm not the person to advise you about the specifics of that product. I'm just attempting to clarify the issues so that you can see what you need to do. I hope that I've been able to help in a small way.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 4 months ago #8 by bully
Hi,

One week ago I started a thread which discussed some sh404sef-related problems like Thank you -button or rss - feed not working. But this problem I think is not sh404sef - related, the preview window only contains a blank screen, you will see it in the attached image.

Here is my report again. I read the related topics about javascript - related problems, but I get no error, nothing, only a blank window.

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 19 seconds | Max execution memory: 55M | Max file upload: 20M

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.0 | Build: 3620 | Version name: Spika | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Installed (Version : 2.1)

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.0-RC2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Thx for your ideas!
regards
bully
Attachments:

More
13 years 4 months ago #9 by xillibit
Hello,

You need to disable each module and plugins one by one and test each time kunena, to see which thing causing the issue.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 4 months ago #10 by sozzled
bully: Are you still using sh404SEF?

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds