Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Question Facebook Sign-In on Forum page

More
13 years 6 months ago #1 by lakleeman
I have JomSocial and the Facebook sign-in integrated with my site.
Is there an (easy) way to have the "Facebook Sign-In" button appear on the Kunena Forum page -- alongside the basic login?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #2 by Matias
You can copy administrator/com_kunena/libraries/integration/joomla/login.php to ../facebook/login.php and modify the file starting from class name ;)

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by Maszek
Hi Matias,

Could you explain a bit further? I do not understand the instruction you wrote.
- Do I need JomSocial at all?
- What is the path of the login.php-file?
- How would I "modify the file starting from class name"?
- Will it allow users of my forum to chose either option (Kunena/Facebook) for login?
Looking forward to reading from you.

From the brief replies Kunena support provides to questions related to Facebook Connect I get the impression that Kunena is quite hesitant to offer access to their fora via a Facebook account. That would be regretful, since there seems to be obvious demand for it. Integration between the two would enhance applicability of Kunena formus on many websites for webmasters who want to maintain responsibility for moderation of forum content themselves.

Time to create page: 0.375 seconds