Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Solved Male and Female Icons

More
14 years 1 month ago #21 by juuk
Replied by juuk on topic Male and Female Icons
Done as per instructed. Gender icon didn't appear still in side display :(

I am... Kunena 2.0.4 with CB 1.9 on Joomla 1.5.26.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #22 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Male and Female Icons
OK, let's go back a step. Have you followed all the instructions given in my 20-cent guide to Community Builder? See How to setup the cbsimpleboardtab plugin . And, of course, you have defined, in the Kunena integration settings, to use your Community Builder profile with your forum, haven't you?

If you have done all of these things and this problem is not resolved they you should contact Joomlapolis (basically because it's their product). I expect that, one day, I will experiment with CB 1.2.2 but I don't have any urgent plans to do this just yet. If you discover that there is a defect with CB 1.2.2 with the integration to Kunena, that confirmed by Joomlapolis, would you please provide an update in this topic?

More
14 years 1 month ago #23 by juuk
I shall inquire at Joomlapolis. Will update here when I get pointer(s).

Thank you so much for your help :)

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #24 by sozzled
juuk: After looking at your website, I notice that you have a lot of additional CB plugins (most of which I have no familiarity with), some of which may be unnecessary and some of which may be affecting your ability to run full native-mode Joomla 1.5. It's not that Joomla "legacy mode" is not supported, it's that J! 1.0 (and, by extension, anything developed for J! 1.0) is not supported and has not been supported for the past nine months. It is strategically wise, therefore, to remove any legacy components from your website, in any event, or to convert J! 1.0 software to J! 1.5. B)

As far as your specific issues are concerned, I see (from your installation) that CB 1.2.2 is slightly different to what I'm familiar with. I eagerly await any information you are able to obtain in relation to this new version and provide here for the benefit of Kunena uses. :)
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #25 by juuk
sozzled wrote:

juuk: After looking at your website, I notice that you have a lot of additional CB plugins (most of which I have no familiarity with), some of which may be unnecessary and some of which may be affecting your ability to run full native-mode Joomla 1.5. It's not that Joomla "legacy mode" is not supported, it's that J! 1.0 (and, by extension, anything developed for J! 1.0) is not supported and has not been supported for the past nine months. It is strategically wise, therefore, to remove any legacy components from your website, in any event, or to convert J! 1.0 software to J! 1.5. B)

Noted with thanks! :)

I eagerly await any information you are able to obtain in relation to this new version and provide here for the benefit of Kunena uses. :)

The issue at hand is solved. See Joomlapolis solution.

NOTE: Before I did what the team Joomlapolis suggested, I reverted to CB 1.2.1, and the corresponding icons appeared. Now I'm back on CB 1.2.2!

Thanks, Sozzled for your invaluable assistance :)

Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by juuk.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Baze

More
14 years 1 month ago #26 by sozzled
Congratulations on your success. That's a fairly bizarre twist in the tale but I'm happy to hear that Joomlapolis have discovered a solution even though it doesn't appear to be one "out-of-the-box".
The following user(s) said Thank You: migus

More
13 years 11 months ago #27 by tisiman
Replied by tisiman on topic Male and Female Icons
I had the same problem, all settings seemed as discussed/proposed previously. Then, as experienced by juuk, I uninstalled component comprofiler, installed version 1.2.1 (with some errors about arrays expected differently), uninstalled component comprofiler again, and installed com_comprofiler.zip of 1.2.2 again. Everything looks as before (did not have to restore administrator\components\com_comprofiler\ue_config.php). I only had to enter the gender data of all users again. Now the gender icon appears properly. I did not try skipping some steps, it works now and I am happy.

More
13 years 9 months ago #28 by migus
Replied by migus on topic Male and Female Icons
Thanks a lot for this thread. It appears very useful to me.:woohoo:

Altai Mountains - is a fairy tale!

More
13 years 4 months ago #29 by Baze
Replied by Baze on topic Male and Female Icons
Thanks for this one, i've been struggling with it for a while :)

Time to create page: 0.526 seconds