Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category contains miscellaneous, uncategorised third-party extensions (e.g. JomSocial, Community Builder, etc.) relating to older versions of Kunena that are no longer supported.

This category may also contain a few topics relating to K 1.6 that may have been moved here possibly by mistake.

The topics in this category are for historical interest only. Owing to the structural differences between K 1.6 and K 1.7, the ideas in these topics may not work with later versions and, for that reason, the topics are locked.

Solved Male and Female Icons

More
14 years 1 month ago #11 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Male and Female Icons
Greetings. I had this issue a long time ago and I solved it. The solution is a little complicated but let me try to guide you through it.

First of all, I haven't yet installed CB 1.2.2 and so I don't know what changes have been made, but this guide is based on my knowledge of CB 1.2.1 and so you may have to adapt it as necessary:
  1. Using the CB Field Manager, create a new field named Gender (CB will store this as cb_gender)
  2. Create the field as type "Drop Down (Single Select)". You will need to assign two named values: one will be Male, the other will be Female
  3. Assign this new field to a CB profile tab
  4. Modify a CB user profile (go to the tab that you assigned earlier) and click the appropriate radio button to select and assign a gender to the user)
CB and Kunena have enough "smarts" to use your custom-defined Gender field and the two values you've assigned in the cbsimpleboardtab plugin (as long as you've published that plugin).

It's possible that I may have omitted a step. I've just checked my own websites (where I have implemented the solution) and that's all that I can see that you need to do. Please let us know if this answered your query.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #12 by juuk
Replied by juuk on topic Male and Female Icons
xillibit wrote:

I have just tested quickly now on K1.5.9, when i set profile and avatar integration with CB, the data are get from Kunena and not from CB, when i change the birthdate, it always show the kunena birthdate. I haven't investigated more, but i need to fix that asap.

Do you have the same issue ?

I've no problem with birthdate. In Forum Integration, the birthday field points to CB's date of birth. That integrated perfectly. In forums, birthdate shown is from CB.

I am... Kunena 2.0.4 with CB 1.9 on Joomla 1.5.26.

More
14 years 1 month ago #13 by juuk
sozzled wrote:

First of all, I haven't yet installed CB 1.2.2 and so I don't know what changes have been made, but this guide is based on my knowledge of CB 1.2.1 and so you may have to adapt it as necessary:

1. Using the CB Field Manager, create a new field named Gender (CB will store this as cb_gender)
  2. Create the field as type "Drop Down (Single Select)". You will need to assign two named values: one will be Male, the other will be Female
  3. Assign this new field to a CB profile tab
  4. Modify a CB user profile (go to the tab that you assigned earlier) and click the appropriate radio button to select and assign a gender to the user)
CB and Kunena have enough "smarts" to use your custom-defined Gender field and the two values you've assigned in the cbsimpleboardtab plugin (as long as you've published that plugin).

Thus far, I've done steps 1 & 2.

Step 3 is not in a profile tab but in profile item. Will that make a difference?

Also done step 4.

Gender icon still didn't appear :(.

You think it has to do with CB 1.2.2? :unsure:

More
14 years 1 month ago #14 by sozzled
Please see the following image:

juuk wrote:

You think it has to do with CB 1.2.2?

This is something that you should take up with the folks at Joomlapolis .
Attachments:

More
14 years 1 month ago #15 by juuk
Hi Sozzled. Thanks for the clarification. Field is assigned to a CB profile tab.

More
14 years 1 month ago #16 by sozzled
juuk wrote:

Hi Sozzled. Thanks for the clarification. Field is assigned to a CB profile tab.

So everything works now? :dry:

More
14 years 1 month ago #17 by juuk
sozzled wrote:

juuk wrote:

So everything works now? :dry:

Whoops! I forgot to mention... No gender icon still. I need to step out. Perhaps when I'm back in about 3-4 hours, if you're around, I can give you my site's backend access, and you can take a look-see?

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #18 by sozzled
I know that this problem can be solved because I have solved it. Unfortunately I only now have the settings on my website to show me how I achieved my success ... which haven't been able to help you. :blush:

There is one other possibility that you may need to consider. Go to Components » Community Builder » Plugin Management. Locate and edit the Forum integration item (cbsimpleboardtab). See the following image:

(Again, the information and instructions contained herein are based on my knowledge of CB 1.2.1)

Please ensure that you have selected Kunena as the forum component. The item (highlighted in yellow) is located at the top right of the image. This is important ... it is also not the default! ;)

By default, the sidebar mode - this is how you associate CB fields with Kunena - is normally shown (as I've highlighted it in yellow) as "Basic (default kunena)".

Please confirm if your settings are as I've shown above. Although this may not resolve your situation, I want to know what you currently have.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #19 by juuk
Here are my settings:

Parameters
Forum component: Kunena from www.kunena.com
Sidebar: Display Setting
Display setting: Basic (default kunena)

Forum Status: Display Settings
Display forum statistics: In User Profile

Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by juuk.

More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #20 by sozzled
Very good! :) Now I should like you to make two changes to those settings that I've highlighted in the following image:
  1. Change to Beginner (field selection).
  2. Select your custom-built gender field for the Kunena gender (see my earlier message #42315 for the title of your field)
Save these changes and let us know if this resolves your situation.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds